Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

bad/no sleep effects on health

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what are they?

because i haven't slept well for more than 8 weeks and i need a non chemical solution because sleeping tablets aren't a solution

thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Try horlicks or something before bed time see if that works?
    Have you tried doing a search on "Sleep Deprivation"?
    I doubt it, people would much rather we searched google instead.

*sigh*

If you don't want to take chemicals then try horlicks, hot baths and lavender. Get into a set routine, don't sleep in in the mornings, get up and get active.
    Lots of fresh air and exercise.

I've just got back from five days in the Peak District and haven't slept so well in ages! :)
    other than she dont like korlicks :p it seems the issue is that the bed shes sleeping in is super uncomfortable with a crappy bed frame and lumpy old uneven matress, trust me its bad!

and the little 1 waking everyone up at 7 in morning does no good, even though shes going to bed 10/11 as she cant get comfortable
    7am is the middle of the day.

Getting up early is good for you.
    I've tryed horlicks and hot chocolate, i've tryed kalms and lavender baths and nothing is helping.

last night i had a dream about witnessing biological warfare being used as ethic cleansing and seeing all these children in cages all screaming and crying. someone had created a virus that was similar to syphilus that attacks the body then turns your brian to mushyness, but it was an airborn virus.

these nightmares are one of the main problems of me not sleeping well.

and sleeping tablets really arn't an option...

thanks for your help though
    Hmm, well the general symptoms of sleep deprevation are relatively straight forward, loss of energy, attention span etc. leading on to potentially hallucinations, passing out, that sort of thing.

If you are having persistant nightmares you might want to cut out any dairy in the afternoons. That old wives tale about cheese giving you dreams is true.

As for the uncomfortable bed, thats a bit of a tough one without financing, which I presume you dont have. You could try sleeping on your duvet with your sheet over you. Or even laying on several towels, that might increase the softness. Just a thought.
    it's not the softness, it's far to soft it's given me back pain and it's very very lumpy.

i have been cutting out cheese in the afternoon too, i just think that it's my current mental state thats doing me in.
    Maybe then just sleeping on the duvet on the floor?
    I might try it to just get a few nights good sleep.
    I hope it works.
    I don't sleep a lot either, but I've come to accept it and it doesn't bother me anymore. Things that have helped in the past - as partial reasoning behind me not sleeping, was that I get stressed out very easily. Means I attempt to sleep on a mind brimming with whats getting to me - and that doesn't work. I sometimes take Quiet Life Tablets - herbal remedy. It's not a sleeping tablet but it helps to calm me down a bit.

Also don't stay on the computer too much in the evening. I find it a lot harder to sleep after I've been staring at this screen. You need to give yourself time to relax and to switch off for a while in the evenings.
    You could try and read 'What Maisy Knew' By Henry James, its the first book to be written in 1st Person stream of consiousness and its the worst book ever written. It always made me sleepy when I tried to study it.
    malteser monkay- i don't have a computer at my house so theres no problem with that.

i think it's just the fact my metal state is some what....fragile, and i'm ment to be moving next week but where to i've got not a clue.