Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

fake tan

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm going on holiday in August and I'd like to look tanned before I go. What fake tan salon or shop bought would everyone recommend?

Comments

• Options
    the sun is a good source of fake tan
  • Options
    But tanning from the sun isn't fake.
  • Options
    twas a joke dear :p
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I am a bit taken by Johnson's holiday skin, it is the most natural looking one I have used, and builds up nice and slowly, avoiding the really obvious move from pale to tanned in 24 hours.
  • Options
    I really like `garnier Ambre Solaire no streaks bronzer` at the moment. Ive tried quite a few and this is great. its a spray so you can get the backs of your legs easily. it also dries reasonably quickly so you dont have to stand there naked waiting for it to dry for ages.
    i get it for £4.99 from savers or wilkinsons (its £8.99 in sainsburys)
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    I'm going on holiday in August and I'd like to look tanned before I go. What fake tan salon or shop bought would everyone recommend?

i recommend a johnsons moisturiser, they put a little bit of tanning stuff in it, you use it everyday and it builds your tan up, i use it, it's really good, they can't keep it in the shops round here, sells out real quick.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    I am a bit taken by Johnson's holiday skin, it is the most natural looking one I have used, and builds up nice and slowly, avoiding the really obvious move from pale to tanned in 24 hours.

I was really dubious about this, because I have awfully pale skin, but a friend convinced me to try it and it is absolutely fantastic. I would highly recommend it, but make sure you get the right shade. They do it in light to normal and normal to dark.
  • Options
    Try the johnsons stuff :yes: then it builds it up rather than being all in one go and making you look stupid!
  • Options
    I got the Johnsons Holiday Sun stuff and I've never used fake tan before... it's bloody fantastic for a beginner! Haha. Seriously though, I love it.

There is a production problem at Johnsons at the moment so it's pretty hard to get hold of... round here anyway.
  • Options
    i used to use the garnier no streaks bronzer like rainbow brite suggested, but i found that sometimes it faded off in patches and i'd hav white circles in places like the back of my knees... its a very good colour though!!

I've just bought the johnsons holiday skin lotion for a change, and applied it for the first time about an hour ago... i'm not sure how it will turn out though, fingers crossed!! :hyper:
  • Options
    I suggest you just go to the tanning bed or lay out in the sun. Using those fake spray on products is way to risky.
  • Options
    I suggest you just go to the tanning bed or lay out in the sun. Using those fake spray on products is way to risky.

I do hope you aren't serious.
  • Options

I hope you're joking, never heard of skin cancer??