Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

presents for girlfriends

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, it's birthday time soon (and annaversary not far off either!) and I need to get a present or two for my g/f.

I've thought about all the obvious ones, flowers, chocolate, jewellery etc. But I wanted to be a bit different.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I know I'm the person who knows her best and will know what she would like, but sometimes there are such simple things that I overlook and any suggestions would be most welcome.

She doesn't really have any hobbies as such, so no obvious things to go for.

Oh, and the birthday is not a majorly significant one (not 18 or 21 or anything) and the annaversary is a year (of being together, not marrige), if that helps.

Thanks people. :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    how about arranging a day/night together doing something she likes.

a hot air baloon trip!

flying lessons!

or maybe just nice bottle of bubbly... the usual perfume and stuff is always nice- as long as you get it right. but i like being taken out for special occasions so i can have the memories too.

good luck and make it fun :p
    jewlerry?
    For Mr scyther's birthday one year,as part of his present, I made him a giant chocolate bar made from about 20 of his favourite chocolate (galaxy caramels). I designed a huge wrapper to cover it. He liked it :yum:

He always wore a broken watch his mate had given him years ago - God knows why- so I got him a nice Diesel one last year. Use yer noggin. :chin:
    take her shoppin in cheshire oaks! (if ya live near...)
    take a couple of quid like £40, ya never know, she is a girl!

p.s. b careful dat she dont take ya into a bra n kinckers shop ;)))
    :thumb: :D :yes:
    Something that will mean something to her.....

If you remember something special from when you first met, or something you know she thinks of when she thinks of you.....cant think of any examples soryy
    but think about it
    A compilation tape/CD is always a good one....either of stuff that means something to you as a couple or or things you really like and would 'educate' her with :)
    Depending on budget or whatever, you could get her some nice jewellery, how about a shopping spree, erm a night away in a hotel in some city where you can do stuff the next day.
    Some driving lessons if she's old enough?
    My boyfriend has just about gone through the lot with me from like a new phone to underwear jewellery/dvds just about what ever you can think of. Just buy something that you think she needs, and if she doesnt need anything then somthing you think she will like. Also guys cooking the girls dinner nearly always goes down very well.
    take her out shopping so she can pick what she wants init?

if you aint got a tight budget you could spend the night/2 in a hotel room etc..
    take to a themepark!! that'd b cool. last year my bf took me out to alton towers and it was really good! i enjoyed it and so did he!
    beans wrote:
    Also guys cooking the girls dinner nearly always goes down very well.

Thanks for the ideas, the trouble with a lot of them, like me cooking, little mix cd's and stuff is that I do that anyway as a treat, so to do it for her birthday as well won't be all that special. Maybe I should stop doing things like that the rest of the time LOL!

Thanks for the ideas though, keep them coming! :)
    Is there anything she really likes? I dunno I love piglet from winnie the pooh and for my birthday my ex got me a massive piglet teddy and had put some tickets in it for a concert I wanted to go to....We went to the concert but it wasnt in Birmingham so we stayed at a hotel for the night and then the following day we went into the town and had lunch and then came home, it was lovely, il never forget it!
    I think jewellery is nice, take her out for a meal and give her a nice necklace over dinner.
    I wouldn't give her a ring incase she thinks you want to get engaged!
    How about buying a really nice big photo frame (somewhere like Habitat sells nice ones) and make a montage of photos of you both together, out with your friends, photos of places you've been...etc.
    Simple things work once done right-
    How about getting a big card and trying to write a poem getting flowers delivered first thing that morning and some nice jewellery and maybe even get it inscribed giving it the extra touch- all woud show U made effort to so cant really faiL!
    I'm a hopeless romantic type.

On one of my ex's birthdays I went over early, got permission to get in obviously. Made her breakfast in bed.

After that I took her shopping at one of her favorite jewelry stores.
    Then that night I gave her some ring I bought her, and went to dinner at her house with candles and stuff. Then had some blankets and a sleeping bag set up to lay under the stars.

It's seriously pathetic how I am sometimes.