Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ways to curl hair??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, i want to wear my hair curly for a change so my friend came down and curled it all last night with a babyliss curler thing and it looked really good, the only problem is tht it took her 3 hours and i dnt have tht much time to curl it. Do u know any quick and easy ways to curl hair? iv been told about rags and rollers overnight but i dont know how to do it or how long it takes.
Any tips?

Comments

• Options
    best way is by using straighteners

yes, straighteners!!

Its fast and easy and will stay in for days
  • Options
    When I want this look i always wet the hair and section them into 'chinese bumps' (basically twisting the hair onto itself into little balls), leaving them overnight, then unwravelling them the next day. Always works for me, and it stays in for days, if not a week.

But, I dunno, apart from the curling, I don't know a quicker way of doing it. but that's way quicker than curling it.
  • Options
    Heated rollers? or bendy rollers, use them on wet hair- keep blasting your hairdryer over them, and when your ready to go out, take them out!! Easy!!

I have an angel hair curler, and it takes me 2 hours -its just silly!!
  • Options
    A perm :p

Ilora x
  • Options
    Those curlers things were rubbish on my hair. Straightners work pretty well, unless you have daft wimpy hair like mine cos the curls will fall out in half an hour. Rage are good though, if you don't mind spending an hour putting them in! :thumb:
  • Options
    Hey, i tried using bendy rollers to curl my hair and it made it wavy so i just went over it with the machine thing to make a few ringlets on top. Im going to try again because i dont think i left them in for long enough so fingers crossed.
    Thanks for all your advice tho!
  • Options
    is there a special way of doing it with straightners?
  • Options

yeh you just wrap it around the barrel like you would with other curling things. :yes:
  • Options

when i went on a makeover photo shoot thing, the hairdresser went through my hair in as if straightening it, but instead of taking the straighener straight down, you twist it, and pull it through the hair

creates the perfect curls

like this
  • Options
    Blah those curls look great might try that myself :D.