Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pimp my ride UK

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bongbudda wrote:
    the drug dealer and the pimp are now social heros in certain sections of the community.

I wouldn't necessarily disagree with that, at least it's the sense I get from this distant viewpoint.

However, I'm not sure that Pimp My Ride has any real connection. I understood that originally the UK version was going to be called "Chav My Ride", but it wouldn't have transferred to the US... quite what they will make of the Bishop's son anyway :eek:
    get with the programme folks.

PIMP now has two meanings: (1) the bitch-slapping short guy that wears sequence suits, (2) THE FLASHY LIFE STYLE!
    thats why American culture is ahead of Britain. its evolution baby.
    plus cars in the UK is

B O R I N G !

Huh?

Image over substance is evolution?
    get with the programme folks.

PIMP now has two meanings: (1) the bitch-slapping short guy that wears sequence suits, (2) THE FLASHY LIFE STYLE!

But I think both meanings are potentially socially damaging, that 'get rich quick' and huge flashy wealth attitude isnt exactly a good role model.
    I watched this programme too.... compared to the US version it was so flat. What can you say about Westwood? I reckon he must have some kind of personality disorder and probably ought to be locked away. It would be reasonably sad if it was all an act but they guy, sadly, is serious :(
    Indeed.

We've evolved from a good culture to a shit one. Independent cafes serving excellent cake, to Starbucks and Subway.

Yay, w00t, etc.
    Ok so didnt wanna go into the whole discussion about whether Pimping is right or wrong, because in this sense, that is not the way the word is used.
    Pimp my Ride - making someones car look "better" than it did before, using new/better/fashionable styles, ading high tech gadgets and basically giving the car and edge and more of a personalilty.
    The program and choice of title is not what i disagree with, bit of a random thing for entertainment BUT
    the choice of BRIT presenter- if Westwood is he best we have Oh dear god then we need to find some new talent, actually sorry we need to actually get rid of the ones who dont have talent ie WESTWOOD. Hes not midly amusing, even though he thinks he is.
    I actually feel awful for him, its as if he has NO IDEA how stupid he looks. Music wise, sounds good when DJing, once he opens his mouth or makes any "black bling rapper poses/gestures" then i start laughin H A R D

As for the political debate that is goin on in this thread about a tv program about cars, you need to not take things so seriously!!
    the show does not even have anything to do with Pimps, prostituion or anything slightly encouraging that so i do not feel the need for such agression from some of the posters. and thats my lil rant over :D

my advice watch the program and just experience Westwood as his most "entertaining" lol
    one or two or more negative things you can say about American culture does not prove anything. The fact that starbucks have replaced independent cafes is evidence of which is in a more powerful position. sure they aint perfect but nothing is.

good role model? look anyone can argue that something cannot be a good role model. but it doesnt prove that it totally is. someone will argue priests are good role models. but with cases of sexual abuse by them, ich dont think so!

B O R I N G !