Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

zombie dogs

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thats old news which you could find yourself if, as previously pointed out, you actually cared enough to inform yourself through some research, rather than snidely reacting to every attempt of other's to awaken you to the long-running practice of "official" wartime propaganda.

20,000 More Military Dead During Vietnam War

I am not the one claiming a war of clear unprovoked extraterritorial aggression - based on repeatedly exposed lies and clear political intent to breach numerous principles of duly ratified international law simply becuase we have the might to do so - is justifiable as "necessary". No intellectual inconsistency nor dishonesty on my part.

Why aren't you out signing up to do your presumed duty alongside the others fighting to secure Iraq's precious resource wealth for future control, exploitation and profit by our major energy producers? If its "necessary" then there's no question where you must go.
  • Options
  • Options
    If you need a further primer on the continuance of that methodology of deceit by our military machinery (and the politicos intent on using it for foreign conquest) here's another article.

http://www.ccmep.org/2004_articles/iraq/013104_for_whom_the_death_tolls.htm
  • Options
    Thank you for the source - I shall look into it (though a cursory examination suggests that some of the casualties are at best tangential during the war - for example in 1975 is it seriously suggesting that whilst 13 soldiers died in Vietnam, 1,134 died of combat related injuries back home in the States. It also is Vietnam Deaths which are recorded on the memorial not Vietnam Era Deaths, which is a distinction).

On why I'm not in Iraq I don't feel I need to discuss my personal details with you, but I took the Queen's Shilling close to eighteen years ago and am not some gung-ho armchair warrior who takes great delight in the deaths of the enemy, whilst never having to clear up the remains. But then I'm not some liberal pacifist who flinches from the fact that war is about killing, either.
  • Options
    Neither am I some liberal pacifist (not that the two terms have any inherent connection given that the history of 20th century US warmongering was made on pretexts of advancing "liberal" ideals). I merely recognise the difference between a war of defence for one's own soil and a war of aggression which is patently illegal and immoral according to the very precepts our own nations laid down as the standards by which those whom our grandfathers fought in the last great war were themselves judged as war criminals.

Obviously warmongers choose not to learn the lessons of history, but to emulate the illicit aspirations of those once called evil for the same behaviour once the mantle of power passes to their shoulders. What you advocate today is no different in principle than the self-justified transnational aggression of eras past, we just have fancier and more widespread PR at our disposal with which to whitewash it for longer stretches of time.

But like every empire, the lies and self deception of the present order will prove its own undoing.
  • Options
    Pardon for interrupting this, but it doesn't seem to have anything at all in common with the original debate any more. New topic?

You're hoping, aren't you?

Didn't you realise that this whole thread was actually a neo-con conspiracy to hide the fact that Al-Qaeda didn't land on the moon, but instead filmed it on the grassy knoll...
  • Options
    Couple that with a PNAC intent to secure mid-asian resource control, the manpower needed to maintain that control over the long-haul (a war which will not end in our lifetimes, to quote Cheney), and the increasing obstacles being faced by my own country's military recruitment aparatus and you have a technological solution that will truly give the "meat grinder" a whole new meaning.

:lol::lol::lol:

Do you check under your bed for neo-cons every night?
  • Options
    Nope. Anyone who doesn't live with their head in a cloud of self delusion like yourself Mat knows just where to find the ones which matter to US policy.
  • Options
    Self delusion? I'm not the one who sees Zionist conspiracies everywhere.
  • Options
    Neither do I dear boy, but then we have grown accustomed to your exaggerated retorts based on no real comprehension of anything you wade into.