Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

chest pains

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey there,
ive been getting chest pains on and off for about 3 years now and they're doing my head in. I usually get them when im just sitting, lying down or if i yawn and it feels like something is stabbing my chest when i breathe in and it makes it very difficult to breathe. I've been to the doctors 3 times now, had blood pressure checks, x ray and an ECG but they still can't figure out what is wrong. I used to have asthma but according to my x ray that has cleared now so it's not asthma that is causing this and i can also rule out heartburn and broken ribs :). Another thing is that i started to get palpitations (arythmia) recently. Both my parents families have had problems with their hearts, blood pressure etc so i am worried it could be something to do with these, although my blood pressure is very good. I'm going to the doctors again soon, too see what they say and possibly get a 24 hour ECG done, but im rapidly losing faith in them. has anyone else ever had problems like these or know of anything similar that it could possibly be?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I occaisionally get short stabbing pains, feels like bottom of my chest. not sure what causes it and only lasts about a minute. It doesnt hurt if i dont breathe!!! I have to take really slow shallow breaths because otherwise thats when it hurts.

Never mentioned in to the doc before as it doesnt cause me any hassle really.