Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Smoking Alcohol?

2»

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    EmpzB wrote:
    Thank you for those that answered the question about inhaling the fumes, for the others that just said drink it....I appreciate the time you spend posting and I do normally drink it but we wanted to make sure it was at least safe to smoke the fumes.

If this does actually work, and you are inhaling the concentrated alcohol fumes, then I would advise you to be very careful. You are increasing the damage you are doing to yourself if the alcohol is hitting your bloodstream more quickly. If you do decide to do this, then I would image you may want to take it very easy and wait a while between them to avoid getting really toxic. Like the other posters on here though, I'm not convinced it actually works.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wyetry wrote:
    Also in posh restaurants they will heat cognac in the glass before they give it to you - on the same principal I think - no?

No, thats totally different, cognac must be enjoyed at body temperature to make sure you get the full flavour.
    iv seen bars doing things like that. Think they call it a gas chamber or soemthing, so you just drink the fumes/smoke/steam watever that comes off the alcohol and then drink wats left over.
    cant be that dangerous if bars do it i gues....
    But my mates who have tried it say its more harsh than drinkin a shot, but i thought once alcohol was set alight, the alcohol was burnt off....?
    lexijb wrote:
    but i thought once alcohol was set alight, the alcohol was burnt off....?

Exactly, it is the alcohol in the drink which burns, not the water content, if you want the alcohol do NOT burn it.