Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Taking an Alevel through ICS

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Has anyone here taken an Alevel or GCSE through ICS? Or somewhere like the national extention college? I'm starting Alevel physics through ICS soon and I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice about studying from home and what its like through one of these extention places. (Please dont tell me I'm stupid doing a course at home - its out of my control unfortunatly)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    so is ics a place that offeres distance learning courses at a level, like the ou does degrees and courses??? my advice would be just to ensure your time management skills are up to spec. i think sometimes too, its easier to do distance learning courses becasue you can study at your own pace. i think the only issue with doing a level physics through distance learning is, at home you are not going to get any time in a lab..... how are you going to work around that issue? or is something set up for you to do?
  • Options
    I agree that sometimes learning on your own is better because you can work at your own pace. I think there are options were instead of a practical exam you do a piece of coursework - however this will probably need at little lab research. I am hoping to get some sort of arrangement with the college I'l be going to. I'm taking biology - so maybe I'l be able to talk to my biology tutors and sort something out.
  • Options
    I've heard that ICS are beyond shit, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Really. Whats wrong with them? In a way all you need them for is coursework mrking and advice. You just have to put the work in
  • Options
    Well if their ads are anything to go by.... :no:

"IC yes you can"

Makes me want to hurl an axe into the t.v everytime one comes on, evil manic grinning carol voderman like old bint. :mad: