Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

letter writing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need to write a cover letter, I know the first and second name of the woman so should I use Ms? And then is it yours faithfully or sincerely? Also, should I allign the Yours whatever to the left or the centre? Thanx!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Some one once told me
    "you are never faithful to someone you dont know"
    to im guessing if you put to whom it may concern, then you dont use faithfully....
    I would use Ms to be safe...
    and i always put it in the centre of the page
    Thanks! So as I know the name I guess I use faithfully then?
    lexijb wrote:
    Some one once told me
    "you are never faithful to someone you dont know"

I was told that too. My fiance says if you know their name put faithfully, but i always thought unless you've met them in person put sincerely.
    hmm.. im not sure then! im sure i usually put sincerely but then i usually put dear sir. i'll have a search on the net and see. thanks though!
    If you know their name its sincerely if you are using sir or madam its faithfully
    If you know their name its sincerely if you are using sir or madam its faithfully
    Thats what I thought-I was always told you can't be sincere unless you have met them. Hmm.
    Seems we were all told different things. Maybe you should give up and just write lots of love Kat_B :p
    It is sincerely to a named person, and faithfully to one who isn't. That's what we use at work.

And it goes against the left margin. Putting it in the centre is very bad.
    Thanks everyone- I put sincerely in the end and put it to the left so hopefully thats ok! :)