Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Got a job offer but want to travel!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just been offered a job after my 1st interview. Great news yes. But I have been thinking about travelling later in the year and have not told them about my plans. When the time comes do you think i should quit or ask for unpaid leave or what. I would feel bad to leave them just after a couple months - plus i could get a bad reference if i leave on bad terms. I only wanted the job for a few months experience anyways, but if i could go and come back that would be good too. I'm thinking of travelling/teaching englsih for about 2-3 months.
Or should i tell them about my plans before i accept the job (few days left remaining til deadline!), and risk them not accepting me at all. :banghead:
Any suggestions?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It depends on what job it is as to whether or not you tell them. If you've got a job at Tesco then don't bother; if you've got a job with some serious responsibility then it would be a good idea for you to do so.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No its not a job at tesco. It's actually something that i think I'd like to do as a career. But i wanted a few months experience in it first to see if really want to go into it and if i do then I'll do post grad study for it later (after some travelling).