Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

gym and stress relief

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi

I've been really stressed out off late and its been suggested that if I went to the gym it would help me feel less stressed. Also I lack confidence in myself and apparently knowing you are doing something good for your body gives you a real boost.

The thing is I know is sounds wussy but I know I dont look great and know I'm not as fit as I could be and I'm scared of what the first visit would be like.

I do have an exercise bike but find it boring to use but apparently the gym isn't boring

whats going to the gym like?

Phoenix
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Excercise does wonders for your mood. I'm not a gym person, I'd rather be training for my sport. So it's all good.
  • Options
    gym is okay, when you get into a routine you do notice progress and enjoy it, swimming is good fun as well......oh and the first time you go you should get an induction so you see how the machines work.......and if you go in off-peak hours there aren't as many people around......
  • Options
    Hi

I've been really stressed out off late and its been suggested that if I went to the gym it would help me feel less stressed. Also I lack confidence in myself and apparently knowing you are doing something good for your body gives you a real boost.

The thing is I know is sounds wussy but I know I dont look great and know I'm not as fit as I could be and I'm scared of what the first visit would be like.

I do have an exercise bike but find it boring to use but apparently the gym isn't boring

whats going to the gym like?

Phoenix

Gyms are boring, but having your own music player helps a lot!!

I'd prefer running inthe open - I also just bought roller blade but have to learn to skate, but should be good excercise as well once you know how.
  • Options
    i hate getting to the gym n walking in there everytime, but once im in n have a cracking work out i leave feeling so much better.

Dont find it too boring, always listen to some good tunes or go wen corrie is on n watch that in there!!
  • Options
    i really enjoy going to the gym, gives me a huge energy boost. and lifting more than the steroid boys doses wonders for my confidence.