Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Questions to ask in an interview

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
At the end of most interviews I have gone to they ask if I have any questions to ask, I usually have some but they have always covered what I wanted to ask. So has anyone got any good ones for me to ask or what ones of you asked?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How about what will the salery be, who will i be working with, what will be my main duties etc.
    My old manager told me a really good question was to ask if there was anything they wernt happy about in the interview so you can come back with why you think you'd be fabulous at the job..
    Prospects for promotion...they'll love ambitious people.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey there,

I really like Playboy's question.

You could also ask about career progression (if it's not already covered) and if its a position taking over from someone else, you could ask what they are going to do next as that may give you an idea of where the experience in the job might lead you.

Good luck! ;)
    Do a bit of background research on the industry for which the interview is for as it were and ask a question related to that - ie if its for a shop, ask what its ethical sourcing policy is for clothes or how it positions itself in the market ie what is its target customer and how do they lure them in?

Find out who the big players in teh same industry are and ask about the relation of the company you are working for to them?

I'd advise asking anything related to money, holiday etc unless it wasnt' in the advert you replied to - it just makes you look like your out for what you can get not for what you can give to the company.

If you tell us what the interview is for then i could give you a few.

x