Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

starting taking street drugs ........

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how or why did you get started taking street drugs???
- i suppose i'm just interested to learn the reasons! :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    legal drugs, my mate used ot sniff a lot of petrol and haze, one day i just started doing it with him, wasn't peer pressure, i genuinely wanted to know what the buzz was like

cannabis, drank a 3 litre bottle of cider, in this abandoned farm shed with a load of older mates, they were smoking it, a joint just got passed my way, i smoked it, same again, it wasn't peer pressure, it was a choice, so although i never went out looking for drugs, it wasn't something i was forced into, it was curiosity, i wanted to find out what it all felt like...nothing too bad, most of my mates started off from their older brothers, thats a big factor i think in many people, but not for me...he doesn't touch drugs!
    turlough wrote:
    legal drugs, my mate used ot sniff a lot of petrol and haze, one day i just started doing it with him, wasn't peer pressure, i genuinely wanted to know what the buzz was like

cannabis, drank a 3 litre bottle of cider, in this abandoned farm shed with a load of older mates, they were smoking it, a joint just got passed my way, i smoked it, same again, it wasn't peer pressure, it was a choice, so although i never went out looking for drugs, it wasn't something i was forced into, it was curiosity, i wanted to find out what it all felt like...nothing too bad, most of my mates started off from their older brothers, thats a big factor i think in many people, but not for me...he doesn't touch drugs!

ditto, me older brother and sister smoked, as well as my parents in their day, so it was a natural progression like......and my younger brother started up not much later, must be a phase or something none of us are regular tokers anymore.....
    A mate of mines brother smoked and a group of my mates got together and bought an 1/8th and smoked it.

I remember it did nothing for me though my mate had big bags under his eyes.

It certainly wasnt pushed on me, I wanted to try it.
    Same as everyone else. Curiosity. Friends of mine smoked it and one day I just felt like trying it.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Music.

I started going to outdoor raves with my mates older brothers and then started taking all sorts.
    Weekender Offender 
    When I was about 12 or 13 i decided I wanted to know why drugs were so bad - because you know you hear all this stuff about why you shouldn't do them - but I was thinking hum but there must be a plus side or else why do people start??

I didnt' know anyone who did drugs or anything but i kind of wanted to so I spent the next few years after that kind of actively find people who might do that sort of thing - i went to a quite posh all girls school and people who took drugs didnt' really come onto my radar till I was about 15 - I didn't look back after that.......
    Wyetry wrote:
    When I was about 12 or 13 i decided I wanted to know why drugs were so bad - because you know you hear all this stuff about why you shouldn't do them - but I was thinking hum but there must be a plus side or else why do people start??

I was very much like that about pills, if a million are used every weekend there has to be an up side.
    I went round my mates house when I was 14 and she was having a party. She gave me a spliff, I tried acid with my cousin when I was 15 and she was 13, tried speed at 19 and got REALLY into that.
    There were different reasons for each drug, I think the only reason i got into them was just availability. They were there, so I took them.
    first smoked cannabis when I was 14, didn't particularly like it, and still don't- just fealt like trying it- now my friends won't even offer it to me at parties etc, cos they know I hate it!

went through a major speed phase for about 5 years, due to starting to listen to dance music etc, also got into pills round about this time although not in such a big way....these days I don't touch speed, usually just have a couple of pills when I go out....never tried acid- not interested, had mushies a few times, but it's just not my thing, and cocaine I find boring!

...it was never about peer pressure for me either, I acertained very early on what I liked and didn't like, and just kind of did my own thing.
    A few of us got hold of some acid, cant remember where from and tried it out of curiosity. After that it was every week for a long time, or speed or pills. Going back some years when it was all good quality...funny how it's easier to get when you're 16.

Speed was always my favourite, what I'd give for some pink champagne! I cant even get hold of any now. Coke does my nose in for a week and costs too much to be worth it.

At the moment...shrooms :yum:
    i first tried having a toke on the 'away specials' whilst enduring another trip oop norf.In the middle late seventies sqiudgy Afghan black, Nepalese, Thai stick, Red Leb, Leb Gold, :yippe: were all available for sale on the terrace.

As disorder became more organised (everyone became firmed up) then staying alert was the order of the day, hence the introduction of ampthetamines and stimulants. (inc; Cocaine and those pro-plus pills)

In the middle eighties, when the underground scene became 'advertised' (Wearhouse parties) then the villians took their chance to make an 'earner' by knocking out moody E's and throwing non existant parties by shyster promoters.

Lol, centreforce, (anyone frequent Bentleys or the labyrenth) was run by the hamsters ICF (Swallow on the decks) and still have a 'little' baby sister station 'Chill FM - 102. FM that goes today.

speaking to some clubbers the other nite (commercial scene) they (some girls) were doing alcohol and sniffing poppers "Ugh!!"
    Centreforce, sunrise, pulse...those were the days :)

My brothers got all the old tunes on vinyl, I have a few but mostly stuck with a cd filled with crappy realplayer files :)
    Astoria, Camden Palace and the Clink :yippe:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh memories of those Cali's & New Yorkers, Barrels & Burgers huh? :love:

did you ever attend the wizard of Oz down under Charing X?

Lol, they woz advertising raindance down at SE1 on Chill FM
    Good to see you back again John, naming lots of names.
    hello Bong, :wave: how's tricks?

just stating personal events. She may have knew some old clubbing friends and drank in some of the watering holes that i used to frequent.

isn't it nice to remminice?