Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

When do you know?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm starting college in september but i've been wondering when will i know what books i need for my courses, Do you get told on your first day or beforehand?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You will probably get a list in your module giudes when you start. Though if i were you i'd check out the availability in the library before you start spending all your cash on books you may hardly use!
    i never needed to buy books for college. only my revision book thingies. my college provided any we needed &/or i made use of something called the library!
    They'll tell you during your first few days. Or at least that's what they did for me.
    it is possible to ring the course co-ordinator and request a reading list to be posted to you - i wouldnt rush to buy them though, uni/college libraries usually have loads of copies and in some subject the go out of date quickly
    I'm starting college in september but i've been wondering when will i know what books i need for my courses, Do you get told on your first day or beforehand?

ahh you dont need to worry about that for a bit...

they will most probably give you a reading list for each subject in the first lecture of each. But it's not like you'l need them on the first day :)

you will most deffinately have the info available to you by the end of your first week of lectures.

and if by college you mean like university, I wouldnt even bother looking till after freshers week ;)
    I got told at the introduction lectures and stuff for each module. There was also a clear reading list in each module booklet.
    :yes: - you'll know for sure after your first lectures.
    the problem is, if you ask them before the course starts, they can change the reading lists... meaning you're buying books you don't really need.