Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Losing ones job

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok so its not lost, but rather my contract is being terminated this friday ( and no i didnt do anything wrong ).

Anyway. I'm feelings really lost and stuff. I dont want to stay in retail forever because lets be honest it's not the greatest sector to work in. The problem is i really dont know what i want to do with my life, i dont really know what my biggest strenghts are etc. I've always had " dreams " i'd like to follow but i've been so negative in the past about myself i'm convinced myself i'm not good enough and will or would fail at anything i ever tried ( some part of that is true somewhere ).

I feel like i am holding myself back whilst being in a muddle to find my forte as it were. I have one or two ideas i could possibly follow but again i'm unsure. Part of me says go for it the other part holds me back.

I guess im just posting this for advice and opinions because i dont have anyone / anywhere to turn to. All-be-it i could go to a jobcentre and ask, which i intend to at some point in the next few weeks.

Anyway starting to ramble.. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    why dont you get a job with some sort of potential to learn new skills.

theres also them jobs where u get a qualification while learning on the job, forgotton what they are called now
    ^^Apprenticeship?

Ilora x
    Richeh wrote:
    I have one or two ideas i could possibly follow but again i'm unsure. Part of me says go for it the other part holds me back.
    is the part thats holding you back fear or self doubt?
    if you've found something that you want to do, do it!
    if you don't will be regretting it when you are 30 or 40 in a dead end job?
    give yourself a chance... go for it... the worst thing that can happen is you could fail miserably... but so what... at least you've given it a go... and you'll probably learn something about yourself in the process. :)
    ^^Apprenticeship?

Ilora x
    thats the one! cheers m'dear ;)