Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

First crush..gone wrong?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm a 19 year old male art student, and I experienced my first ever crush on a girl (same age as me) about 2 months ago.

Just last week, I talked to this girl in private and told her how I felt about her. I know I should've done my research first, but I was later told by her that she is in a relationship.

Obviously I do feel sad but proud at the fact that this girl really admired my courage to actually tell her.

She also agreed that we should still be friends.

But I felt that when I talked to her as a friend yesterday, I felt a sign of awkwardness inside of her (talking too quick and a little bit louder than usual, talking like she wanted to get rid of me).

Another important note is that this girl is quite shy.

I do respect the fact that she is in a relationship (of course), but I'm finding it really difficult to move on from this.

IT STILL HURTS

There's just a few more weeks until our course ends, and I really want things between me and this girl to end in a positive fashion.

I want this girl to know that I've moved on, and I want this girl to feel that there is no need to worry when talking to me. I would never dream of making this girl feel any sense of awkwardness or worry as I did say to her that all I wanted was for her to be happy.

Please help me! How do I cope with this?

Don't forget this is the first time I've ever experienced anything like this! And I've never had a girlfriend before!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    sounds like ur a great guy, and she knows that. U cant expect the 1st few days to be back to normal, but hopefully it'll be fine in a few days. If things dont get better, just explain to her that u dont want wot u said to have affected your friendship.
    good luck
    SBG
  • Options
    unfortunately with these things, time is the ultimate healer. I got completely crushed by my first crush too - I asked her out, she said yes, I mistakenly took that as agreeing to go out "together", but she actually meant just as freinds... that hurt alot at the time :(

just give her a bit of space, but dont actively ignore her or anything! things are bound to be awkward around you and her for a good while, but I'm sure you can still be friends after a while :)
  • Options
    I'm a 19 year old male art student, and I experienced my first ever crush on a girl about 2 months ago. Just last week, I talked to this girl in private and told her how I felt about her. I was later told by her that she is in a relationship. I do feel sad but proud at the fact that this girl really admired my courage to actually tell her. She also agreed that we should still be friends.
    I'm 20 and in my first relationship, which I only started a few weeks ago. So, I'm still learning about the ways relationships work. As for my first crush, I had mine just after my 17th birthday. I fancied her like no one I'd ever met before. I did my "research" as you dubbed it and found out she was single. And I didn't tell her how I felt. I was later informed she had strong feelings towards me as well! Why the fuck didn't I tell her, I still ask myself these days? :banghead:

Be proud of the fact you told her how you felt. Meantime, just concentrate on trying to be a friend to her. She doesn't want to give the impression to you that things might change. I've seen this before. There's not a great deal more you can do, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Hmm maybe some dating tips might help you? So far most of my crushes were all positive, I remember my first one however I was in 2nd grade quite cute actually told her I was going to marry her and we were going to have a big house lol. But anyways-- I think you should try to venture out into different areas of ur town or elsewhere and try to pick up chicks like a pub? I still find it hard to believe your first crush was at 18 and not earlier but o well. Rejection or Knowing the truth makes you stronger in the long run and then you will be able to process the girls who want you and those who don't (trust me).
  • Options
    i think you should just tell her what u told us, about not wanting her to be awkward etc. she clearly respects you alot, and vice-versa. if you had the courage to tell her you liked her (which is one of the most difficult things in the world) just say look i wanna talk and let her know,

good luck to ya man :thumb:
  • Options
    First crushes nearly always end up shite.

Don't worry, you'll get over her.