Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Embarassing ladies question.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As you all know im pregnant.
Anyway, for the past few days ive been itching "down there" quite a bit. I havent got thrush as i have no other symptoms apart from itchyness.
Does anyone know what it could be? Or is going to be another case of "hormonal changes".

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    im 21wks! went to my dr about same thing they gave me a pessary for thrush and it worked. i just had itchiness like u :wave:
    go to the doctors just incase, just because you are pregnant and it's best to be on the safe side but if they say it's nothing try smearing natural yoghurt down there to sooth and make sure you use a panty liner.
    Could it be a urine infection? Best to go to the doctors to get it checked out, I'm sure they'll know what to do.
    ... try smearing natural yoghurt down there to sooth...
    Do girls actually do this? Sounds like a kinky bit of foreplay than itchiness relief! Surely this can't be a serious suggestion?

I'm a little weirded out here...slightly aroused at the idea but still a tad weirded out!
    It's true Davy. Apparently it works.
    So next time I get itchy nads...
    Davy wrote:
    So next time I get itchy nads...

Not quite the same thing
    Natural yoghurt is used for thrush
    Something about the live bacteria in the yoghurt (i think)
    It soothes the itching
    could be thrush even if the only symptom you get is itchyness

Have you changed your shower gel / soap recently I once had a reaction to a new soap. Also you prolly do this already but its v important toi rinse fully after a shower as if soaps left there it can cause itching

Phoenix