Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Online Poker or Chess

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anybody any experience? Recommendations? For the poker would prefer to pay for nothing/peanuts to begin and have the option of moving to bigger games on same site when used to the particularities of the site. :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ultimate bet do good freeroll games and tournaments, can win bonus dollars and free entry to bigger tournaments, a lot of people play them tho so you have to be good. when playing for money i always used 888.com and bet365. both good and do low buy in games such as $0.25, start off on those and move up. no point wasting loads of money straight off, cos you will lose. lots of good players out there. i moved up to playing up to $50 games. now im retired. its bad for you. be careful you arnt sucked in by it all.
    koe_182 wrote:
    ultimate bet do good freeroll games and tournaments, can win bonus dollars and free entry to bigger tournaments, a lot of people play them tho so you have to be good. when playing for money i always used 888.com and bet365. both good and do low buy in games such as $0.25, start off on those and move up. no point wasting loads of money straight off, cos you will lose. lots of good players out there. i moved up to playing up to $50 games. now im retired. its bad for you.be careful you arnt sucked in by it all.

Yea that's the danger - strict limits when I'm losing.
    What's the pace like?
    they have turbo games for more confident people with 15sec rules, the normal games give u up to a minute to decide what you are doing. i suggest starting on a one table game with 5 people in. move up to 10 people and then hit the multi table tournament tables. ive won a fair bit in my time, but also lost a fair lot. its hard to lose a lot of money at poker if you are good because it takes soooo long.
    For chess try http://gameknot.com/ it's good fun :)
    Cheers guys.
    ultimatebet is good.. it has free games or low cost games
    At my work they have £200 buy in games with £20 rebuys first prize is an awful lot when you get a lot of players with rebuys etc.
    In my own experience I have used partypoker.com its an american site but very good for the less novice players. I too have retired poker is a vicious circle, start winning play higher stakes lose more money, mugs game really, as is all forms of gambling.
    i'd still love to play, its great fun. just trying to stay away from it, sometimes have a cheeky few games with the mates, thats about it tho.
    There are plenty of places for betting money, but is there anywhere for online chess?
    Monserrat wrote:
    There are plenty of places for betting money, but is there anywhere for online chess?

http://gameknot.com/ like I said above :p
    Antone know of any decentsites where I can play Pontoon for cash :blush: ?
    Ladbrokes is the best texas holdem poker tables I've seen online (free software download / account set up).

You can play for peanuts (i.e nothing) or any range of money.

Just be warned that you'll only learn the basics in the peanuts games as people type ridiculous amounts, knowing it's not their money.
    I play my online chess at www.redhotpawn.com , it's very good