Tannage

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK. I'm going to the sunbeds. No, I am not a 'trendy ned' I am going to a prom and don't want to look like a milk bottle. So my question to you is:

Do I have to wear sunscreen? If I do then do I get it in there or what? Also, I have my own but maybe the factor would be too high? It's SPF 15.

Sorry if I sound like an eejit but I really don't have a scooby.

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jazza wrote:
    OK. I'm going to the sunbeds. No, I am not a 'trendy ned' I am going to a prom and don't want to look like a milk bottle. So my question to you is:

    Do I have to wear sunscreen? If I do then do I get it in there or what? Also, I have my own but maybe the factor would be too high? It's SPF 15.

    Sorry if I sound like an eejit but I really don't have a scooby.


    Bless. Just go on the lowest sunbed about three times a week for 3 minutes - 6 minutes. That'll get you a base tan, then after you get a base tan, go on the highest for around 6 - 8 minutes twice a week.

    :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    But I only have something like 2 weeks and 3 days...

    Do i need lotion though? I feel like such an arsehole :lol:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jazza wrote:
    But I only have something like 2 weeks and 3 days...

    Do i need lotion though? I feel like such an arsehole :lol:

    Probably the first few times. There are wee vending machines with sachets of stuff.

    Just don't what I did and get prickly heat. It's the worst. :|
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    .
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah, don't bother.

    But if you do, don't use the sun tan lotion because you'll just be wasting your money on both counts.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    just go out and tan naturally....oh thats right, you live in scotland...shame bout the weather! (i know ireland isn't much better)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    GWST - I only want to do it once for my prom. After that I won't bother.

    Turlough - You'd be great as a stand up comedian :razz: I could go out and tan naturally actually...it'd only take about 40 years :chin:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    spend £25 and get one of those salon spray on tans a few days before you go. they last about a week.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    spend £25 and get one of those salon spray on tans a few days before you go. they last about a week.

    :yes: theyre so much better for you, spend the money all in one go, you might as well because sunbeds are about $4 a pop.

    remember to exfoliate though!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    depends if they do it well or not.
    If its going to look streaky itll do it whether youve got a base tan or not.
    Those spray tans are generally pretty good ive heard.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just be careful not to turn orange like my friend did...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    spend £25 and get one of those salon spray on tans a few days before you go. they last about a week.
    Ok, so if I did - would I need to shave my chest?

    OMFG this is really embarassing. I feel like a right knob.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jazza wrote:
    Ok, so if I did - would I need to shave my chest?

    OMFG this is really embarassing. I feel like a right knob.
    I wouldnt have thought so. Might be worth finding a place and then phoning up and asking. Depends how bushy your chest is I guess.
Sign In or Register to comment.