Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Am I being selfish?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Someone please tell me if im out of line here...

My boyfriend told me that he was going to take me out on a real date today.. so we had fun, played some minigolf, went out to dinner.. then we went back to his house to watch a movie.. and, people kept text messaging him and calling him and i was getting really pissed off, because he was completely ignoring me and talking to these other people instead.. then when i went to kiss him he didnt take his eyes off the TV, like he was kissing me, but watching TV? Am i wrong to be upset about this? I dont think so.. but he doesnt seem to see anything wrong.. i just wanted some attention :impissed:

Comments

• Options
    No your not wrong to be upset, I would see it as disrespectful is a female or anybody were to do that. Its like yeaa thanx for the kiss let me finish watching this match. When im with my gf tv can wait, I only turn it on sometimes so the volume can try to fade out our noises from prying ears.
  • Options
    Wrong or right to be upset? I think it's a misunderstanding. Obbviously, your boyfriend was doing things you weren't happy with. Have you spoke to him about it? Maybe he's thinking the same, but opposite. Like he jsut wanted to sit down watching TV and you were kissing him all the time :p but different people behave in different ways.
  • Options
    i think id be a bit irritated but id probably make some sarcy comment and then we'd either row or stuff would be sorted. you got to tell him if it irritates you else hell keep doing it.. train him, like a dog (jk)
  • Options
    id drop hints in a jokey way like 'is the match more interesting than me?'
  • Options
    Like someone up there said, if you don't like the way he's being then you gotta tell him or he'll just keep doing it. It's the only way!
  • Options
    the fone is understandable i guess. But something needs to be said about him watching tv when your kissing!
  • Options
  • Options
    I fancy minigolf.
  • Options
    I did talk to him about it, and he said it didnt seem to him like it was that big of a deal. I was just upset with him for constantly texting other girls when we were supposed to be spending time together..

I hate how boys can make you so angry and then turn around and say something so awesomely sweet that it makes up for it..

i told him about not appreciate him talking to these other girls while we were together, and he said "I dont see any other girls, and I dont even want to" .. what am i supposed to say to that? I cant be mad at him anymore :blush::love:
  • Options
    well whats he texting them for then?!
  • Options
    well whats he texting them for then?!
    Maybe there his mates, lads can have lasses as mates you know.

Also I agree with shyboy, maybe he wanted to watch tv and you was trying to kiss him all the time, my gf's like this and it regularly does my head in "get out of my face woman". Just cos you want to kiss doesn't mean he has to.
  • Options
    I did talk to him about it, and he said it didnt seem to him like it was that big of a deal. I was just upset with him for constantly texting other girls when we were supposed to be spending time together..

I hate how boys can make you so angry and then turn around and say something so awesomely sweet that it makes up for it..

i told him about not appreciate him talking to these other girls while we were together, and he said "I dont see any other girls, and I dont even want to" .. what am i supposed to say to that? I cant be mad at him anymore :blush::love:

Ever heard the expressions "actions speak louder than words" and "talk is cheap"?
  • Options
    No, your not the in the wrong at all. It is rude that he would talk to other peolpe on the phone ( as long as it wasn't imporant) but ignoring you just crossed the line. Just tell him how you feel about being ignored and how imporant it is to you to be close sometimes.... i would be really really pissed to the tv can wait the movie can be paused peolpe who called him can leave messages, you should come 1st
  • Options
    my gf's like this and it regularly does my head in "get out of my face woman". Just cos you want to kiss doesn't mean he has to.

You seem nice :p
  • Options
    beans wrote:

Sometimes it does go too far though. If we've gone to the effort to sit down and watch a film together and then I'm really interested but she keeps kissing me, it means I miss the film experience :p. I mean, I cuddle and kiss my girlfriend all the time, so sometimes it's nice to be able to do something non-cuddly and kissy together.

But it all depends on circumstances, really. Like, if you've been kissing all day then he might want to cuddle you and watch TV, just nice and relaxing and intimate in a way. Then again, if you've just got in and haven't seen each other all day and you sit down and start watching TV, and your girlfriend comes over to give you a kiss and you ignore her, then that's jsut going to upset her.

That's just the way I saw it :p there are two sides to every story!
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    Aww, thats nice of you :p

I agree with shyboy again. Everyone is different, some people want to be kissed 24hrs a day and others don't. If you and your partner are different you either have to accept this or find someone else who also wants to kiss 24hrs a day.