Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Getting the job

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well I had my interview at diesel last week and should know if I got it this week.
Just in case I havent, I applied to other stores, handing in my CV. Is there anything I can do once I have handed in my CV to persuade them to invite me for a interview.
I searched the board and someone said you should be persistant and keep calling them. But what would I say in such an instance

Any advice would be great.

Thank you.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The way shops work is usually through application forms. As in you fill in an app form for the shop & you then attach your CV to the app form & then hand it back into the shop. Or the app form may incorporate the most important things that are included on your CV so no need to attach a separate CV when the relevant info is on the app form.

They should then contact your to arrange an interview if they think you are a good candidate for a job:)
    Crispy wrote:
    The way shops work is usually through application forms. As in you fill in an app form for the shop & you then attach your CV to the app form & then hand it back into the shop.
    I don't know if it's like that everywhere, but it's not here. Most shops here in MK only want CV's. I must have handed out about 30 CV's and only asked to fill in about 3/4 application forms.

Just be persistant, keep phoning them. I think that's all you can do!

Ilora x

Just be persistant, keep phoning them. I think that's all you can do!

Ilora x

What do you say when you call them
    Just ask if there's an update about the position you applied for....

Ilora x