Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Diesel, London

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Note- I know this is on the work and volunteering forum but It was suggested I should put it here.

I have an "interview" tomorrow at a Diesel store in London. The problem is i'm not quite sure what to wear, and the reason for this is beacuse I'm not sure if i'm going to have a proper interview.
Basically this is what happened. I went into the store yesterday and asked for the manager, I then asked him if they had any part-time vacancies and he said yes we do. He then said come in on wednesday and we'll have a little chat and coffee. This was all before he even looked at my CV. After this he took my CV and that was the end of it. He seemed really keen to hire me. Anyway, I'm treating this as an interview even though he said "chat"...is that the right thing to do.
I'm not really sure on what to wear considering im going for a sales assistant position and the fact that it sounds formal from what he said.
I was thinking of wearing something "trendy" or something more smater...i.e. shoes, shirt and trousers but no tie.
Any way can anyone give me any advice on what I should wear, i'd appreciate it

Thank you.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wear Diesel. They'll love it.
    But do it as if you never meant to. Meaning a jumper with diesel written across the front would be bad, but diesel jeans would be good or a pair of their shoes.

i would've thought they think you're trying too hard to impress tbh!
    Wear the same style of clothes as you did when you talked to the manager. Obviously he judged you by the looks being that he didn't read your CV, and if he was keen then he most probably liked what he saw.
    Often in trendy stores they don't really care that much about experience but rather that the sales assistents compliment the image of the store.
    i'd avoid wearing Diesel, everyone who goes for an interview will have diesel on.

Just wear something unusual, and well accessorised.

Casual ish, but not to casual.
    Clearly irony is wasted on all you people...
    :lol::lol:
    Did you get the job in the end?