Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Physiotherapy/ sports therapy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have always wanted to work in the physiotherapy industry on the sports therapy side and when I was 17 I was on a course doing a sports therapy diploma, unfortunately due to personal cirumstances I had to give up the course and planned to rejoin the next academic year, by then thou I was working full time and could not afford to drop money to go back to having no money so I have stayed here, thing is I really wanna go back to it. Does anyone know if they do like a work based training course in it or night classes? Ive googled but havent really got any info on it...

Thanks xx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Can you not save up and get a student loan like everyone else?
    I have always wanted to work in the physiotherapy industry on the sports therapy side and when I was 17 I was on a course doing a sports therapy diploma, unfortunately due to personal cirumstances I had to give up the course and planned to rejoin the next academic year, by then thou I was working full time and could not afford to drop money to go back to having no money so I have stayed here, thing is I really wanna go back to it. Does anyone know if they do like a work based training course in it or night classes? Ive googled but havent really got any info on it...

Thanks xx

you need a physiotherapy degree. and :yes: you can do it part time. (but not in night classes i don't think.) although you could also try out as a physiotherapy assistant and work up from there working in the nhs... but you'd still need to get your degree. :)
    I love my physio, just for the record, she's a life saver.
    otter wrote:
    you can do it part time....although you could also try out as a physiotherapy assistant and work up from there working in the nhs...

i wonder if it's possible to do this and be sponsored to do your course? might be worth finding out. or if there are any training grants or bursaries you can apply for? or work part time, and go to uni part time, so you still have an income?

i'd get some advice from a careers guidance person. you seem really set on this as a career, and it would be a shame to give up on it because of something like lack of funds.
    I'd suggest going and talking to Connexions or some such organisation.

It's possible to get NHS bursaries for physio degrees, but they are impossible to get apart from for the best students.
    Isnt connexions only for people upto 19?

Im 21 so dunno who Id speak to, il have a look into it thou.

Thanks for your replies.