Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Derren Brown live (spoilers!)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
If you're planning on going to see one of his remaining shows then don't read on!

:)

I went to see his live show in Glasgow at the weekend - Absolutely fantastic!

It did get me wondering though... The finale makes out that the entire show was one long suggestive experiment to subliminally force a certain paper, page and word. The other night it was 'controversial' on page 13 of the Daily Mail and the video at the end showed when he suggested those three things throughout the night.

For anyone that has seen this tour, was it completely different for other shows? And what did he say to plant the things in some peoples' minds?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I really want to go to one of his live shows, missed it last time he was in town. I am totally amazed at how he does stuff
  • Options
    i saw a few minutes of the gathering show on T.V. he had a few nights ago and the word forget flashed up for a millisecond on the screen behind him, had that anything to do with how the show ended cos i dind't see the ending...
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    i saw a few minutes of the gathering show on T.V. he had a few nights ago and the word forget flashed up for a millisecond on the screen behind him, had that anything to do with how the show ended cos i dind't see the ending...

There were similar things flashed up periodically but 'forget' was the only one that I read. They weren't flashing on the screen either - It was on various parts of the stage or walls.

He asked the audience to close their eyes, relax and listen to him and said that a section of them would remember nothing about the show when they left. Some were interviewed on the way out and said they couldn't remember much, if anything at all :)
  • Options
    I went to see his show back in April, and it was amazing. I really enjoyed it (I made a thread about it at the time..). It was sooo cool, I thought it was way better than his TV stuff.

I loved the idea of the subliminal messages throughout for the grand finale part. I truly respect him as a performer, totally great.

Plus I got to meet him afterwards, which was equally as fantastic.

I definately want to go and see him again sometime in the future, and would recommend it to anyone who has a remote interest in his work.
  • Options
    What was his finale when you saw him? And what did he say to drop each thing in during his show?

In Glasgow it was 'controversial' on page 13 of the Daily Mail. He dropped the number in a couple of times as examples from earlier, and for Daily Mail he dropped in 'daily' before male, as in male or female, in an earlier prediciton - If that makes sense? :confused:
  • Options
    Yeh sounds about the same.
    It was page 14 of daily mail, the word was evaporates.
    He did the number dropping, the "daily male" thing.
    Said the word once.
    Daily mail was in subliminal message etc.
  • Options
    If anyone's interested, theres a new interview on www.badpsychics.co.uk

Cheers

Paul
    --
    http://www.paullee.com