Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Encounters with famous people.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The queen actually sat on a public convenience???....OMG.

Woah, you have touched the Queens bum, by proxy.
  • Options
    No it was the real thing.
    It was the toilets in the Royal Comonwelth Museum in London so not really public toilets i suppose, but they were open to all the people in there, hence why i was in there lol (i didnt follow her in or nothing!)
    ~XXX~
  • Options
    An aquaintance of mine was in an Indian restaurant when she saw Denis Norden across the street and she got all excited and started waving furiously. She'd forgotten she had a naan bread in her hand at the time, he saw her and practically ran away.

I saw Michael Le Vell once at Longleat. He's very short.
  • Options
    I met Jimmy Saville when I was younger, although he didn't fix it for me. :yeees:

I've also met several football players including Jason McAteer.

Timothy West and Honor Blackman are the most notable, although saying I've met Jimmy Saville is always met with jokes about how he fixed me etc. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Jeremy Irons, Niamh Cusak and Gerry Adams...also met a few other politicians who are famous in Northern Ireland but not across the sea

my brother has met Foo Fighters and Less Than Jake the bastard!
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    An aquaintance of mine was in an Indian restaurant when she saw Denis Norden across the street and she got all excited and started waving furiously. She'd forgotten she had a naan bread in her hand at the time, he saw her and practically ran away.

I saw Michael Le Vell once at Longleat. He's very short.

Lol that reminds me of the time me and my friends saw michael aspell in the pub in chislehurst and we all went and peered through the window at him and got all over excited poor bloke - you see loads of semi famous people out in chislehurst of a saturday night - i've never had the nerve to go and talk to any of them though.
  • Options
    Noel Gallagher held a door open for me the other day.

We also get various slebs at el clinico aborto
  • Options
    I think I've seen the man who plays Ian in astenders at a lesuire park. A friend of mine has a cousin who plays for Manfield, a friend of my sisters' has a cousin who plays for Torquay and another friend of mine has a cousin who works for Oldham and has met several 'famous' people...
  • Options
    jimmy saville once sponsored me for a fun run when i was in primary school. he goes to my parents church. jasper carrott lives next door (at least he did. not seen him for a while) to my grandma's sheltered accomodation. i met the entire leeds united team circa 1999, before they all became criminals. and i've served that chick from emmerdale that's married to harry kewell a couple of times in leeds.

i know. piss poor.

my nephew's met loads more famous people than me, and he's only 3. he once pulled gywneth paltrow's hair. how's that for a claim to fame? better than jimmy bloody saville.
  • Options
    go_away wrote:
    We also get various slebs at el clinico aborto

Stupid confidentiality laws!! :impissed:

How come none of the weirdos who hang around outside tell the press though?
  • Options
    ive met wayne sleep when i was younger. he came to our dance school and taught some ballet classes. he even held my hand! he is tiny!!
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    How come none of the weirdos who hang around outside tell the press though?

They're too busy praying for the foetuses to actually take notice of any of the people walking in. Why do you think they make the mistake of hanging around for hours when the clinic is shut? ;)

Little Man (our regular) has stopped trying to hand me leaflets, I feel like a lost cause :crying:
  • Options
    go_away wrote:
    They're too busy praying for the foetuses to actually take notice of any of the people walking in. Why do you think they make the mistake of hanging around for hours when the clinic is shut? ;)

:lol:

Still, it's good to know they aren't in it for the money, just the harrassment.
  • Options
    Paul Burrel lives in the village so i see him quite a bit, hes always on his phone though.
    Pretty sure it was Liz Maclarnon that almost bumped into me in Edwards in Liverpool years ago.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot, Paul Weller's mum lives behind us, and once my mum almost reversed into him :blush: