Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Stummy acheage

I've been getting a pain quite recently, have done in the past but more so now..is like a period pain but alot worse to the extent I can't move until it's gone. Has been on and off for a while but getting alot worse at the moment.. not eaten anything dodgy so its not a stomach ache as such..any advice?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    NHS Direct? 0845 4647
    Where exactly is the pain? I had really sharp pains in my abdomen which moved from side to side for months. They did lots of investigations and decided it was irritable bowel brought on by some food allergies that I didn't even know I had. The allergies just started suddenly - I didn't know that allergies could develop - but apparently they can. Anyway - if the pain is sharp and achy and accompanied by gurgly noises it might be that, but go to the GP to check it out.
    Janjan wrote:
    ..any advice?
    :yes: go and see your gp.
    otter wrote:
    :yes: go and see your gp.

yup, i would. could be a million and one things.

i get similar pains with my IBS - feels like my insides are being gripped with claws or something. hurts like hell for a couple of seconds, and then goes. me and the doc think it's just wind, though, cause you can usually feel little pockets of air travelling down my intestines (and move them along by pressing them. that weirded my doc out lots).
    Get it checked out immediately. I had pains in my stomach, although this was all the time and it turned out to be an ulcer.
    I spoke to a GP earlier today and have been told they need a urine sample so will be going back tomorrow. Since then I've noticed a slight odd smell (as disgusting as it may sound) when i pee or just in general down 'there'.
    probably a uti then?!