Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

law obiding teen fights dispersal orders

124»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    Still trying to act smart eh.

I understand that there are not enough bobbies on the beat to enforce the law..I thought you would know that though.

There are more cops and less crime, there are CSOs ....... there are ever more measures to combat behaviour that isn't even illegal.

Still, I'm glad you don't think that all kids should be penalised because a few kids misbehave.

Have you seen my avatar?

:yes:
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but if there aren't enough police officers to uphold the current law, then there aren't enough police officers to uphold a blanket ban either. So the entire point of the blanket ban ahead of the targeted legislation that already exists is negated.

erm.
    There are more cops and less crime, there are CSOs ....... there are ever more measures to combat behaviour that isn't even illegal.

Still, I'm glad you don't think that all kids should be penalised because a few kids misbehave.

Have you seen my avatar?

:yes:

Maybe in London you see many police on the beat, here its a different matter. The only time we really see police is when they are speeding down the road with the blues and twos on, we hardly ever see them on the beat.

Also we arent really talking kids, we are talking teens/young adults.

Your Av, yes I did notice it :yes:

and I agree with what Kermit has just written as well.

There are about 60 million people in the "uk" and about 120,000 coppers. They cannot control us properly, save through fear, hence the reports of what they are going to do, what they are doing and what "new powers" they might be able to use if and when they stumbled accross something.

Spooks in our heads stop more people from commiting crime than "the police" every will.
    Maybe in London you see many police on the beat, here its a different matter

True that, it's not something that the city dwellers really get when you tell em you live without bothering about the police too much. Most small towns have extremely minimal police presence. In "the city" it's more like an infestation.
    We are the most disarmed people on the planet - that's one key reason why armed crime rises decade by decade.
    We could better do away with the expensive and hapless police, arm ourselves, and have local militias and community justice to deal with the habitual trouble causers responsible for the vast majority of crimes.
    We are the most disarmed people on the planet - that's one key reason why armed crime rises decade by decade.
    We could better do away with the expensive and hapless police, arm ourselves, and have local militias and community justice to deal with the habitual trouble causers responsible for the vast majority of crimes.
    :lol: Just like the good old days, eh?
    Kentish wrote:
    :lol: Just like the good old days, eh?

Quite lidderally! :thumb:

You'd love it in Belfast.
    Kermit wrote:
    You'd love it in Belfast.

he'd love it anywhere here...we have vigilantes walking the streets quite regularly, a good friend of mine got his knees and arms broken and his chippy van set alight two years ago for joy-riding...not good justification i don't think...