Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Thread to rant!

Do you feel politicians don't listen? Does it piss you off when they suddenly do U-turns or change their minds on something for no apparent reason? That's why I started this thread - because I'm bloody fed-up of it. Right, what shall I rant about? Ah yes...

The Downing Street jester Tony Blair has been speaking this week about the 'compensation culture' and that risk should not be such a factor in public life.Click here for the story.

Really? How come then that Blair's Government has been putting forward the Human Rights Act, which has encouraged this culture? What about the shameless exploitation by greedy lawyers of the no win, no fee system? And let us not forget, doesn't our Tone's wife benefit from these spurious arrangements?

Pathetic, isn't it? This seems to be yet another death-bed conversion by Tony. With him currently being a lame duck until Gordon Brown puts him out of his misery, Blair has started talking common sense. Isn't it a little odd that Michael Howard was talking about that during the General Election campaign? What on Earth's going on in that man's head?

No wonder there's such a gulf between politicians and the people when they pursue mad policies for so many years yet only now that the end is nigh, they suddenly start talking sense. What next? Is Blair going to talk about how his policies undermine the institution of marriage? Is he going to admit that he was wrong to take the UK into war in Iraq? This man truly is a shameless opportunist.

:banghead:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    stargalaxy wrote:
    The Downing Street jester Tony Blair has been speaking this week about the 'compensation culture' and that risk should not be such a factor in public life

Remind me again. What does his wife do for a living?

;)
  • Options
    yeh, the human rights act was intended to safeguard the interests of those potentially out to screw a business by suing them, more of a protection issue to stop companies screwing over the average joe
  • Options
    Violette wrote:
    Stargalaxy.. seriously.. why is your av of your forehead.. anyone for a debate?

it could be worse, could be a picture of someone elses naughty bits, remember things can only get worse than you think
  • Options
    Violette wrote:

i think it's one of those attention seeking thingys where he wants women to pm him and ask for the rest of his face so they can say "hey you're sexy" but he'll never be as sexy as me ain't that right violette :p
  • Options
    "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."
  • Options
    It annoys me that no matter who I vote for the end result of any particlar party will be much the same. Marginal differences here and there but at the end of the day no real progress.
  • Options
    It annoys me that no matter who I vote for the end result of any particlar party will be much the same. Marginal differences here and there but at the end of the day no real progress.

when something as big as id cards aren't even an election issue with any of the parties you have to think, hang on......something else i didn't know is that new passports issued as of next year will have biometric info, and that's not something you can refuse, i'm renewing mine this year so good for another 5 years........why should they have my fingerprints, i'm not a criminal?
  • Options
    Violette wrote:
    Why is the Earth round? Why can't penguins fly? These are other questions which need debating. :p
  • Options
    Violette wrote:

Possibly one of the worst avatars ever.
  • Options
    Possibly one of the worst avatars ever.
    If you're really so curious as to why I use the current AV, it goes back to something from a few weeks back. When I went back to work after my three days in London, I gave a link to a work colleague showing her the pictures of me from the meet. She looked at them, and said of that picture, "that forehead is strangely sexy". This remark took me by surprise, I didn't know how to react. The AV was then made in mockery of what she'd said to me. It's called taking the mick, something that many on this site seem to have completely forgotten about.
  • Options
    why should they have my fingerprints, i'm not a criminal?

Because they own you and everything that you think you own too. You are the property of the "state", the collateral on a loan of demonic proportions and scope.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    If you're really so curious as to why I use the current AV, it goes back to something from a few weeks back. When I went back to work after my three days in London, I gave a link to a work colleague showing her the pictures of me from the meet. She looked at them, and said of that picture, "that forehead is strangely sexy". This remark took me by surprise, I didn't know how to react. The AV was then made in mockery of what she'd said to me. It's called taking the mick, something that many on this site seem to have completely forgotten about.

I haven't forgotten about taking the mick. I have a good sense of humour. But seeing as no one knows your work collegue how would anyone get the joke?