Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

6th form options question

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
For options, one in each block has to be chosen (there are 4 blocks), but I've only chosen 3 subjects to study. Does this matter or not? And what's the difference between psychology and law?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No, i know plenty of people that only did 3 it just means you have more free study. I do neither psychology or law but i know there is a big differnece.

Law is about laws and psychology is about the mind/how stuff is learnt (trait, social learning etc)
    For options, one in each block has to be chosen (there are 4 blocks), but I've only chosen 3 subjects to study. Does this matter or not? And what's the difference between psychology and law?

:eek2: If you don't even know what Law and Psychology are then I don't think you should even think about studying them!!
    And what's the difference between psychology and law?

You really don't kinow?
    Psychology: Far more scientific than law. You study things like how we react to stress, how we are influenced by others and the like. You need to learn case studies and basically just repeat them in the exam. You may also need to do a piece of scientific coursework, involving hypotheses, methodology et al. Being good at these things at GCSE is beneficial.

Law: You study the legal system and the laws that it enforces. Quite a dry subject for some, but it really depends on the teacher. Some of the modules require quite a lot of analysis, but still depends on you being able to recite the relevant cases, although I'd say there's less to remember than Psychology. Being good at History helps, as it means you have analytical skills.

Personally I prefer Law, but then I am going on to study it at Uni. Psychology has been very interesting though.
    I only did three subjects, it really doesnt matter but most do four then drop one after the first year if it is too much but im not like most people lol.
    :eek2:
    And what's the difference between psychology and law?
    :eek2: ermmmmmm......... what??? they are two totally different subjects! :confused: