Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Quarterlife Crisis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys,
This place brings back so many memories....was here a long time ago as SconeBeast (stupid name, even sillier posts...) and don't recognise anyone anymore - how sad. I'm sure you're all lovely though - hi to all. :wave:

I'm posting this thread for a reason, however, not just to say hi. I'm writing a feature on the quarterlife crisis, and wondered if any of you have been through it and would like to talk through your symptoms and how, if at all, you got through it.

A quarterlife crisis is characterised by anxiety, self-doubt and a sense of inferiority. Young people in their twenties find themselves craving much more than a secure salary and a good enough job – they want a career capable of satisfying their deep-seated talents and need for ongoing stimulation.

The quarterlife crisis is also typified by the sense that you could find true happiness if only you knew what you were meant to be doing with your life.

Any thoughts? Sound familiar? Any feedback would be brilliant.

Nice to be back.... :p

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hello there, I do vaguely remeber the username SconeBeast from a while ago.

Since you've been away there is actually a forum created to ask people for help/experiences (We Need You! in fact), and, as always, you do also need the mods to approve the request.
    Apologies - I'm not used to posting on a more professional level. No harm intended!
    Nae problem. I'm sure people will be more than willing to answer your questions there :)
    As a matter of interest, does anyone think it's silly to give a name to something that is just part of everyday life? I feel like pretty soon every single emotion and act will have a name or label attached to it!
    BumbleBee wrote:
    As a matter of interest, does anyone think it's silly to give a name to something that is just part of everyday life? !

yes. I do.

And I don't really know anyone like that, but goodluck with the feature!!!!!!!
    BumbleBee wrote:
    As a matter of interest, does anyone think it's silly to give a name to something that is just part of everyday life? I feel like pretty soon every single emotion and act will have a name or label attached to it!

i agree. like soon feeling shit after a breakup will be Post Relationship Reactive Stress Disorder (or PRRSD) and people will have sessions specifically for it, and take homeopathic remedies, when really all they need is their mates, ice cream and a damn good cry.

people feel a bit lost in their twenties. of course they do. you've just been thrust from being a carefree teen with no real financial, emotional or social responsibility to being expected to be a proper adult, get a house, get a job, get married, have kids, when inside you still feel 16 and just want to have tantrums and slob about. it's no great phenomenon, it's just obvious.
    Head on over to this thread to continue talking about it -

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=83326
This discussion has been closed.