Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Government fills pensions black hole!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1632076,00.html

I mean, for fuck's sake.

How many more types of this crap are we going to see in the next decade do you reckon?

Would you pay? I fucking wouldn't.

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure about the age, but if you behave like a prat then you should be made to pay for it.

Though rather than fining them money I'd make them do community service. Dropping one item of litter is perhaps not so serious an offence as to warrant community service, but any fucking twat caught 'tagging' a wall should be made to spend a week washing off graffiti.
  • Options
    Police will be able to take fingerprints and DNA before marching the youths home to issue the penalty notices in front of their parents.

There's your real reason, eventually we'll all be on file, by hook or by crooks.
  • Options
    What's this got to do with pensions? :confused:

Cattle prods should be used until these people apologise.
  • Options
    What's this got to do with pensions?

Because the government needs to find lotsa new cash to pay for it's stuff.

They will make more and more of this kind of shit up to pay the piper and still have that "no new taxes" vibe to them. Increased parking fines, and licence fees and speeding tickets and yadda yadda.
    I'm not sure about the age, but if you behave like a prat then you should be made to pay for it.

Bollocks. Money fixes fuck all.
    There's your real reason, eventually we'll all be on file, by hook or by crooks.

Yep, good call, no ID cards? Well, guess what, if we crimialise everyone then it's easy to do by the back door. The real reason why makes me sick as well.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Because the government needs to find lotsa new cash to pay for it's stuff.

They will make more and more of this kind of shit up to pay the piper and still have that "no new taxes" vibe to them. Increased parking fines, and licence fees and speeding tickets and yadda yadda.

I tend to find myself in agreement with you here Klintock. Over the past month i've been charged an annual fee to park on my own road and heard of people been given £50 on the spot fines for dropping cigarette butts. I'm not disputing that littering is a problem but attaching excesive fines to things like that is nothing more than a calcualted stab at people's wallets. Everyone gets into the debate over how much people should be charged for such an offence and how wrong littering is, when they should be saying why the hell am i being fined for this! It's not as if council tax has being going up each year and that there is already a budget set aside for cleaning up litter from people taxes. It's simple diversionary, revenue generating tactics. Everyone focus is on the fact that the council is doing something about a litter problem and while all the time it's a front for revenue generation.