Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Encounters with famous people.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Apologies for second random thread of the night (If you haven't already noticed- I'm somewhat bored.)

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has met anyone famous/seen anyone famous up close..?

If so, who? where? what did you say etc. ?

I havent spoken to anyone famous except for like Frank Bruno, and Derren Brown. I don't remember what was said to Bruno..but i remember talking to Derren..and him kissing me on the cheek :D

Oh and a few years ago the Queen waved at me.

So, your famous people encounters please...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm related to Chaos_insomniac ;o

Ololol. Thats says it all... :)
    I've met Wolf from Gladiators. :thumb:
    Jack Black nearly stole my phone.

Fucking hell, what a legend!

Ahem, I met Dick Valentine, lead singer of Electric Six, got on his guest list by being matey with him and hung out with him a day later in a club in Swansea after seeing Electric Six for a second time. They're not popular now but come on, they did gay bar!
    Met Stuart from Big Brother.. at the Union at Uni. Was pissed and dunno what I asked him...:confused:

Saw: Shareen Nanjiani in Sauchiehall St, Ally McCoist in a local pub, Shell from Big Brother on Byres Road, Elaine C Smith in the hospital I work, the ginger haired one from River City in Lloyds in Glasgow, Billy Connolly before I went to his gig and a few football players..
    well i know chris ubank cause he lives 10 mins away from me and we were hanging outside his place once (we didnt know it was his place at the time!) and he came out and asked us what we were doing then we got his autograph and he says hi to us now when ever he sees us :D
    Fucking hell, what a legend!

Ahem, I met Dick Valentine, lead singer of Electric Six, got on his guest list by being matey with him and hung out with him a day later in a club in Swansea after seeing Electric Six for a second time. They're not popular now but come on, they did gay bar!
    Dick Valentine, the ex-bassist from Cradle of Filth, journalist Isabel Losada, Germain Greer and Gereint Dodd (opera singer).
    Dick Valentine, the ex-bassist from Cradle of Filth, journalist Isabel Losada, Germain Greer and Gereint Dodd (opera singer).

And you know Judith Kilshaw.
    And you know Judith Kilshaw.
    Ja
    i've met all the members of Soil, and InMe - lead singer of InMe remembered me second time i saw him cos apparantly i'm on their video of the first gig

i've also met sharon davies quite a few years back when she was still on gladiators, and got her autograph :D
    Kentish wrote:
    I've met Wolf from Gladiators. :thumb:

Me too. He signed my t-shirt when I was like, 8, or something. <3

I've met tonnes of Corrie 'stars', with me living in Manchester... I met Hayley from Corrie when I was sat in Newark airport in New Jersey, USA. Which was random. But we had a full on conversation and work and families and stuff.

I've had a full on conversation with Chris Bisson (who was in Corrie and Shameless) too. When I was about 15... thought I was too much of a pimp.

I danced with Amir Khan in Lucid... which is a nightclub in Manchester. Or was.

There's loads more but they're just from Corrie. My mate saw Jerry Springer in a restaurant the other week...
    I saw Jason Donovan when I was seven. I went to see him in 'Joseph etc' and then hung around the stage door afterwards :thumb:

I also had an audition when I was 8 for 'Wait til I get you home', a slot on Noel's House Party, which was with Noel himself. I didn't get picked, presumably I was too boring and wouldn't tell enough stories about my parents sex life :rolleyes:
    we had johnny from big brother in our club the other week
    I met peter duncan when i was about 8 and he did his duncan dares speed skiing challenge in the hotel we were staying in - that was very exciting.

Ok umm one of my firends has a celebrity girlfriend so i've me her quite a bit - shes not like a megga star or anything but has been in quite a lot of TV stuff.

Ohh my best friend was an extra for ages and got to beat up guy richie in eastenders which was quite exciting.

I met bernard matthews at a wedding when I was about 4.

I sat next to gary rhodes on the train once and giggled loads but he lives in the same town as i grew up and he asked my friend for advice on sausages once.

My major claim to fame was that Brad Pitt smiled at me once - the office where i worked was next door to the production offices for Snatch and he walked down the corridor with guy richie and I was sending fax and he turned right round smiled at me and then walked on again - i have to confess at this point to being really dumb and not realising quite how famous guy richie was (he was only seeing madonna at that time) and thought that the bloke thought he looked like brad pitt and was a bit full of himself - till this girl on the production team said that it actually was him and i almost died.
    ive seen..

ive actually seen quite a few people :)

i saw and spoke to guy ritchie when he was over on the island filming his new film revolver (sequel to snatch) and then i saw madonna talking to him later on that night although she was wearing this huuuuge parka so noone could see her properly.. but i did ;) lol

i also saw anthony hopkins at a film festival thing in london one time...

aand ooh jason statham :D he was also over here filming with guy ritchie and my friend nearly died when he smiled at her :) (in case noone knows him he has been in snatch, transporter, lock stock and also that kit kat advert about the salmon!! :) )

billy boyd - he was down my local beach filming something and i got an autograph :) this was the best spotting ever because i absolutely LOVE lord of the rings and pippin is my favourite :)

is there anyone eeelse.. umm.. i once saw that guy from the argos adverts!! have no idea what his name is though... and from what i saw of him he was a right prick :p nastiness

and i once missed the chance to see johnny depp :( my friends sister offered to give me a lift down to the gym and i said no because i was going in with someone else, and then it later turned out that johnny depp had been staying at the hotel next to it and my friend got an autograph and some really cool piccies :mad: silly me
    I've met Brand New :D bunch of band people, um Garry and Laura from Eastenders come into the pub where I work about 5 times a week.
    Iv met les batersy from corrie when was on holiday a few years back, he was in the pub tht we stopped at and later found out tht he lives just down the road frm there. Iv met some of the gladiators but cant remember thier names, saw will young but didnt actually speak 2 him. Thts bout it i think.
    Sally Webster from Corrie ran over me with her buggy at some christmas market thing in Manchester while i was up there visiting my friend from uni, but then she's not exactly 'famous' is she :p
    I've never met anyone.

I've spoken to Robert Plant's manager/organiser, and that's about it. Doesn't even count really does it?
    I met Dave Benson Philips...and Gordon the Gopher.

And a guy that was on some poetry show called Wham, Bam, Strawberry Jam came into my primary school. He was pretty cool...
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Bradly Walsh gave me chocolate.
    Phil Neville waved at me once :|
    My mate looks like Phil Neville... if that counts
    I met Dave Benson Philips...

hahaha same!

me and a load of mates were walking to the cinema to watch the day after tomorrow i think it was, we all saw someone walking towards us, then as he got closer we realised it was dave benson phillips, haha so we stopped and talked to him for a bit, he was real nice!

ive seen him a fair few times as well, and i know where he lives (he lives in worthing, the town i live in), just only spoken to him once.

makes me wonder if his house is full of gunge and left over get your own back prizes haah
    Most famous person I've met is Eminem. Got invited backstage at a gig he did in Glasgow in 1999. He was quite nice but a bit boring. Went out to a club with that other band D12 that hang around with him. They were all really annoying.

One year when i was on holiday in America my dad took me to see Robert Deniro. He was making a film down the road from where we were staying. i don't even remember it tho cos I was only about 4 and wasn't interested at all.

Also have met Darius. He came into a shop I used to work in when he was in the final 3 of Pop Idol. Asked me for the "wackiest top in the shop". I never watched that programme but watched the episode and he was wearing the top I had picked out for him!

One of my friends goes out with Alex Mcleish's (manager of Rangers) son so have met Alex on a few occassions. He even gave me some CIS cup winners champagne at a 21st. Also met most of the Rangers team past and present as they sit near me in Ibrox when they are injured.
    well i met a few when i was younger, my older sisters boyfriend was a journo and got to go to a few of their houses. these include, ryan giggs, eric cantona, her from corrie we the big earings...cant remember her name. but the best of all was going in reg holdsworths house he was a nice guy. ive still got a photo of me and him on my wall. Since then ive met a few footballers, had beers with andy payton and a few other burnley players.

also saw david beckham outside debenhams once in manchester....

ohhh 1 more, jet from gladiators once opened Kwik Save in Nelson a town close to me, gave me a kiss mwwah
    I met mister blobby aswell.

The real one.
    pinkstar wrote:
    Most famous person I've met is Eminem. Got invited backstage at a gig he did in Glasgow in 1999. He was quite nice but a bit boring. Went out to a club with that other band D12 that hang around with him. They were all really annoying.

Aww jelous!!!!!! Eminem is FINE :flirt:

umm yeah the only famous person i'v met is the queen, i met her in a public toilet and used the same toilet after her, warmed the seat right up she did!
    ~XXX~
    whatever, like the queen is gonna use a public bog.

More likely to be a looky-likey