Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What's it like?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Apologies if this has come up before(if yes, please guide me to relevant thread), I would just like to know what does it feel like to smoke cannabis, esp skunk?Do you feel very relaxed, does it give you the illusion of happiness?And do you get to ''see'' things?Like visions or vivid dreams or...I don't know??

How long does a joint last?I mean, the effect of it?

Comments

• Options
    Did nothing for me. I tried smoking and ingesting it. Waste of money, i don't do any other drugs though, alcohol is my vice.
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    Did nothing for me.
    same. marajuana is shit too.
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    Did nothing for me. I tried smoking and ingesting it. Waste of money, i don't do any other drugs though, alcohol is my vice.

Can you get your money back?

(LOL, sorry,I 'm in a ''funny'' mood tonight-thanks anyway!)
  • Options
    Milagro wrote:
    Apologies if this has come up before(if yes, please guide me to relevant thread), I would just like to know what does it feel like to smoke cannabis, esp skunk?Do you feel very relaxed, does it give you the illusion of happiness?And do you get to ''see'' things?Like visions or vivid dreams or...I don't know??

try shrooms or acid if thats the effects that you want.
    but bear in mind your trips might not be that good.
  • Options
    its just relaxing if you smoke a little bit, takes the tension off.
    if you smoke more then its a bit difficult to describe as its different for everyone, and being a natural product, it wont be the same every time.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Depends on the grass itself usually...

Sometimes it;ll make you feel all gigily, sometimes you'll feel detached, sometimes you'll just feel lazy, or even like your on another level of clarity.

Its good anyway. Never felt bad yet.
  • Options
    dpends on the person really...some people need to smoke it a few times to get the proper buzz out of it...i first smoked hash wen i was 13 after drinking a 3 litre bottle of cider so it definately hit me then...like all drugs, it's hard to explain what it does to you, basically it chills you out but you feel a calmness and a buzz in your head at the same time, how long does a joint last, hmm, if you're using rolling tobacoo a joint can last up to 25 mins but a feg, usually 10 mins if you take moderate draws...
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Sometimes it;ll make you feel all gigily.

i only ever got the giggles the first few times i smoked it and once or twice after that...i usually get the "lazy" stonedness which is shitty enough (thats bcos all we get round here is soapbar shite)
  • Options
    This guy I know said recently that smoking pot helps him keep a grip on reality.I thought that was a weird statement to say the least.That's why I started this thread...I wanted to know if people who experience some sense of ''unreality'' smoke pot to help them relax.
  • Options
    Milagro wrote:
    This guy I know said recently that smoking pot helps him keep a grip on reality.I thought that was a weird statement to say the least.That's why I started this thread...I wanted to know if people who experience some sense of ''unreality'' smoke pot to help them relax.

it certainly helps you put things in perspective...however if you are thinking of trying it to help you get over that famous guy, i don't think it'll be much help, you'll think of more reasons why you're in love with him if you smoke cannabis because it certainly opens doors in your mind and makes you have a more spiritual outlook on life...
  • Options
    on my first spliff.. i feel the same .. on my second.. i feel all happy and relaxed :yeees: ... on my third... i start going all tingly :hyper: :yippe: ... on my fourth.. i start wondering 'why are we here?' .... then im pretty much stoned :) tbh, it may sound really fun and exciting, and well.. whats the worst that could happen? but i smoke it everyday, if i dont, i started getting uptight, and cold, i dont let the people i no who doesnt smoke weed have any when they ask for it, as it is a waste of time and money.. but its a way of life... dnt do the same! :no: ...my brothers guna kill me now!
  • Options
    If you cant feel the effect of euphoria of a first time toker then you arent smoking right,try pure in a pipe
  • Options
    LilMizME wrote:
    on my fourth.. i start wondering 'why are we here?'

The trouble is when you start wondering about those things while totally sober...

but its a way of life...

Does it affect memory & libido?I 've heard it does.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    it certainly helps you put things in perspective...however if you are thinking of trying it to help you get over that famous guy, i don't think it'll be much help, you'll think of more reasons why you're in love with him if you smoke cannabis because it certainly opens doors in your mind and makes you have a more spiritual outlook on life...

''doors in your mind''...can you or someone elaborate on that please?

I want to understand what kind of ''doors'' are opened up...

No, I 'm not planning on smoking any for that reason.
  • Options
    Milagro wrote:

just your whole outlook on life really...more chilled out approach, new views on family, god, people, life...not as much as say acid or ecstacy will do but it does to a degree...
  • Options
    well, for me, after a small spliff, i feel calm, relaxed, talkative, happy, I have an ability to put things in perspective (i.e accepting that breaking up with my girlfriend is a normal part of life etc.)and I can concentrate on tasks for hours on end i.e mixing... However, when I get beyond being 'high' to be being 'stoned' I feel lazy, untalkative, get serious bloody munchies (involving a trip to a 24 hr Tescos) and get pretty paranoid i.e I get paranoid about the fact that I cant be bothered to talk to ppl and think whether they are looking at me, trying to analyse me or laughing at me cos I am fucked....so I dont really smoke...only a lil bit to get the former effect
  • Options
    Milagro wrote:

You can feel relaxed and it can raise your mood. But you can equally feel what's known as the "fear"...complete panic and anxiety...usually, people who are pyschologically strong enough can cope with it and enjoy the drug, but i know some people who can't smoke grass as a result of just freaking out...and they're usually people with underlying problems. If you've got problems then weed will probably bring them to fore of your mind...it's a sensitive state.

You do hallucinate - things become brighter, sharper, your vision becomes trippy although it's rare to have strong visuals although it can happen. You can have also closed eye visuals.

The effects of a joint usually start to wear off after an hour or 2. Eating it causes a stronger trip which lasts hours.
  • Options
    Milagro wrote:

No, I 'm not planning on smoking any for that reason.

It can give your mind an added depth, it can open your mind up to new ideas.

I'd go as far as saying it can expand your mind to the point of ascension to a higher plain of existence.
  • Options
    Milagro wrote:

First of all skunk is just another form of cannabis, it has no special properties, its just a bit stronger.

The problem with describing the high from cannabis is that its not a standard product, there are many different chemicals in the plant which add to or take away from the experience. The two main ones are THC and CBD.

THC is the traditional happy, giggly, silly experience, and in higher doses it is hallucinogenic in the traditional sense of the word. This is the drug which will make you think about things in slightly different ways.

CBD is a narcotic sedative, it will make you sleepy and tired and is the cause of the traditional 'stonned' feel to some poor quality hashish or cannabis. It will not make you hallucinate.

The mixture of the two above chemicals and many others basically means you can have an endless variety of experiences. Though normally its just slightly relaxed, mild euphoria and an increase in hunger.