Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Revision - Hows it Going?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hows everyone's revision going? Mine's going ok, going through alot of past papers and the answer's seem too abvious for A2 or maybe it's just that i know the subject well enough.

ICT - One section is nailed i feel as though i should be getting a good grade on it the other section is more difficult (technical side) i should however be able to get a reasonable grade after more revision on it. Need good grades because my coursework was poor.

Busines Studies - My star subject (thank god ive got one - allows extra time on other two). Know all there is just need to work on how i answer the question.

Sport Studies - I know more or less one section the other however is quite difficult, this is the only subject im worrid about because the dificult paper takes up more UMS points so could drop my whole grade.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Slowly, have done two exams already (french and german orals) so now its onto german until the exam on the 16th when ill switch to french and starting now, measure for measure and emily dickinson and practicising synoptic for english literature. Jesus. *stresses*
    3 written exams are over with. They went crap. So won't bother.
    Have had 2 oral exams so far, which mean I have two more to go.
    And I am really stressed. I have more than a week, for one of them but I need to revise from scratch and it's going to slow. Then 5 days after that I have my last exam which I don't think I will be able to revise for with such a short time. I will do my best though - of course.

But yeah, generally I am completely fucked.
    Sucks ass, in a bad way at that too.

exams start next week, havnt really started revising yet, because I had lots of CW that was due in recently late on friday.

lots to do... I need to do well in these exams :crazyeyes
    Started properly today having not got into it properly last week. 1st year exams in 2 weeks (+1 day, + 2 days and + 3 days) eek!
    Doing my GCSEs at the mo, done 3 still 10 more to do, revision could be going better but i'm panicking so much about failing that the work doesn't seem to be soaking up in my brain, it doesn't help that my brother is a selfish *beep* and refuses to turn his music down grrrr
    I'm doing my AS levels at the moment. I've had all but one of the exams..last one is on the 6th. Can't wait til they are over, although am dreading results day. Psychology went pretty badly IMO, but the others were ok-ish (I hope.)
    me..

im doing my a2's and as yet i have not done ONE bit of revision.. for anything.. even though my exams are about 2 weeks away :p

general studies - i like to tell myself i dont need to revise for that because the questions are random so thats ok!

film studies - i have to watch 3 extremely rubbish japanese films, a couple of julia roberts ones, edward scissorhands and some french film.. - other than that no revision needed! :D yay!

english lit - urgh. worst subject. soooo much to revise for!! im actually getting quite worried..
    finished all my exams / coursework deadlines :D
    but good luck to you guys who've still got some exams coming up. :thumb:
    soraliah wrote:
    im doing my a2's and as yet i have not done ONE bit of revision.. for anything.. even though my exams are about 2 weeks away :p

general studies - i like to tell myself i dont need to revise for that because the questions are random so thats ok!

film studies - i have to watch 3 extremely rubbish japanese films, a couple of julia roberts ones, edward scissorhands and some french film.. - other than that no revision needed! :D yay!

english lit - urgh. worst subject. soooo much to revise for!! im actually getting quite worried..

Me 2, iv just not had chance as of yet but got some free time 2moz so should make a start then. English lit is the one i am seriously worrying about 2, im absolutely dreading it! General studies were challenging to say the least but its one ofthose exams u cant revise for.
    soraliah wrote:
    general studies...film studies...english lit

lucky lucky :) if you have good essay style, you'll do great in all three using the same skill :yes:
    I'm doing my Highers right now. I've had a bit of a problem studying. My exams are going well though. The only one I'm worried about is Maths. I think I mioght have done badly on that but all the rest have went very well. I'm looking forward to Business Studies. It's my best subject and I feel on top form for it :D
    am doing my A2's currently, haven't done one bit

Irish-finished it already, i'm fluent in it so not really a bother

English Lit-as long as i learn a few quotes from a few plays, a few critics and look up a bit of history on drama post 1945 i'l be grand as it's an easy subject to blag your way through, "metaphor this, simile that" you know the craic yourself

History-this is the one that i'm worrying about, i'm alright with the subject just need to learn the facts, gonna start sometime soon, maybe a week or so.

i'm very lazy btw...
    I'm too hungover to revise much today. I should stop going out....