Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Happy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Some people are lucky enough to find their soulmate early in life, settle down with them and seem to continue to be in love with that person(not in a passionate way perhaps but still in love) well into their old age.

Do they know something the rest of us dont?What does it take to be lucky in love?Is it just a case of good karma?Or maybe good karma & good attitude?Or...???

Answers please!!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't believe that there is one soulmate for one person, it sets people up for failure and disappointment. And it isn't just a case of finding someone, settling down and growing old happily together, I can imagine it takes a lot of damn hard work.

I don't know the answers to how it happens or how other people can obtain it easily, I don't think life is like that.
    Milagro wrote:
    What does it take to be lucky in love?
    Luck, presumably.

There's someone out there for you too. You just need to be patient whilst waiting. ;)
    I read once that 93% of people in the UK get married. Cheers me up a bit when I'm stressing about finding someone. Now, I don't want anyone bursting my bubble by telling me a divorce rate!!
    I don't believe in soulmates in the traditional sense. I used to but when you think about out of all the people in the world how can there be two people destined by the stars or whatever to be together.

I believe there are a lot of people out there who we could click with and form a relationship with and to an extent it depends on luck / fate who we end up with. I believe any relationship can be a 'soulmate relationship' providing both partners are willing to work at it and that means riding o ut the rough patches too.

Phoenix
    Milagro wrote:

Answers please!!!

i dont think i believe there is one person for everyone..in a world of six billion ppl that is a pretty radical notion however i believe there are people for people, i dpnt think its impossible to go through your entire life only ever feeling a connection with one person...but i dunno that opinion is not final! lol :chin:

my nan did have this theory though about finding love, keeping love etc...she said you have 3 loves, the first, the middle one and the last..and if your lucky, very lucky you find someone that is all 3 or maybe count as two......but my nan was a bit nuts! lol :D

hope you find your soulmate but luck perhaps isnt a factor because love is never lucky :no: there are sooo many questions and not enough answers :yes:
    Its a combination of destiny and being in the right place/right time..

The relationship depends on the people involved, and on their nature. If they try hard enough they can make it work.

Love is hard to find..and once you've found it, hold on with both hands.