Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Embarassing health problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For the last 4 days i have had a terrible ache in my buttocks, then this morning i noticed that i was bleeding when i went to the toilet. It was bright red and i'm slightly sore. Could the two be related? I've had anal fissures a few times in the past, could it be that or could it be haemorrhoids? This is really embarassing.. so be gentle with me!! :blush:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Uhm... Do you get constipated a lot & strain on the toilet?
    satehen wrote:
    For the last 4 days i have had a terrible ache in my buttocks, then this morning i noticed that i was bleeding when i went to the toilet. It was bright red and i'm slightly sore. Could the two be related? I've had anal fissures a few times in the past, could it be that or could it be haemorrhoids? This is really embarassing.. so be gentle with me!! :blush:

It could be anal fissures but it sounds more likely to be haemorrhoids. The fact that the blood is bright red indicates that this is unlikely to be anything more sinister but in the good old TheSite tradition of advice, GO AND SEE YOUR DOCTOR! :)
    Haemorrhoids sounds unlikely if it's more than a dribble of blood. I'd definately recommend seeing your GP. Could be serious.
    im sure ive read that if theres ever any blood when you go to the loo you should ALWAYS see your doctor.
    It sounds like haemorrhoids. I suffer from them due to pregnancy, very uncomfortable and sore. I was prescribed anusol, I used it a few times and it helped thank god!!
    Haemorrhoids sounds unlikely if it's more than a dribble of blood. I'd definately recommend seeing your GP. Could be serious.

I had more than a dribble of blood but it is haemorrhoids!
    Yep, could be either.

And that is not embarassing - your GP will not even bat an eyelid when you tell him.
    Uhm... Do you get constipated a lot & strain on the toilet?

Lately i've been the opposite, thats why i thought it could be fissures, because of having to use a lot of toilet paper and the abrasion factor. It wasn't a lot of blood, but it freaked me out because it was more than before. Its also been a little itchy, which sounds like haemorrhpoids, i may try anusol, see if that helps. I'm a little worried about telling my doctor in case he wants to do an examination, i don't think i could bare the embarassment.
    Again, your GP will have seen more bottoms than you've had hot dinners.

But if you don't want an examination just say so - you have the right to decline the offer. ;)
    Kentish wrote:
    Again, your GP will have seen more bottoms than you've had hot dinners.

But if you don't want an examination just say so - you have the right to decline the offer. ;)

Really? Can he do a diagnosis just on what i tell him?
    Possibly. Depends what he thinks it is.

But what I meant was that if you don't want him to examine you then you just have to say so. Even if it means not getting a diagnosis. How important is it to you to find out what's wrong?
    I'd prefer to self diagnose if i can, by finding out info from the net. TBH i find it all very embarassing.
    satehen wrote:
    I'd prefer to self diagnose if i can, by finding out info from the net. TBH i find it all very embarassing.

Hihgly dangerous. You could convince yourself you've got something deadly or conversely convince yourself you're fine. There is a reason that your GP is paid at least four times what you earn!

Go and see your GP. You can write down your symptoms if you like and hand him the paper when you go in.

You have the right to refuse an examination, although he'll take the paper as an indication that you're quite shy about your problems.

Seriously, go to your GP. :)
    It hasn't happened again since the other day.. i think it may be because of rough toilet paper or going too often.
    Please try to get it checked out

I know its embarassing but it'll put your mind at rest

Phoenix