Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

lying

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:( what would you do if someone in a superiour position than you, kept lying about you; kept saying horrible things about you; and everyone believed them?
and when you proove its a lie. they pretend like they never really said it like that... and then they go on to say another hurtful lie about you?!

Comments

• Options
    id get really annoyed, probably cry, tell everyone, dwell on it for about 6 months even when it was long over, and even then id probably still bear a grudge.

thats just me though.
  • Options
    depends on the specific situation - for example, if it was my boss i would report them.......
  • Options
    I would probabl;y turn it inwards and start thinking maybe the stuff they were saying was true and feel awful and cry a lot. Then I'd dwell on it and tear it into little peices in my mind and find it hard to let it go.

Not the best way of dealing with it!

Phoenix
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    What would you do if someone in a superiour position than you, kept lying about you? When you prove it's a lie, they pretend they never really said it like that... and then they go on to say another hurtful lie about you?
    This is usually a situation that occurs when one person creates lies about another in a delusional attempt to compensate for their own insecurities and failings. I've done this myself in the past. At college, I started getting panic attacks. From time to time, I'd be out in town with a mate of mine. He'd go into a chip shop to get some lunch and I'd walk away. I'd do a "vanishing act" as he called it. When he confronted me about it, not only would I deny the "vanishing act" ever happened, I'd deny ever being there as well!

I get the idea that somebody had been spreading lies about you. If so, you'd need to be more specific. If a loved one was telling untruths, you'd have to confront them. When it comes to someone in a position of authority, they'd have to be reported to someone above them. Unless you get into specifics, I can't say much more than that.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    When it comes to someone in a position of authority, they'd have to be reported to someone above them. Unless you get into specifics, I can't say much more than that.
    i've done that... i proved what they were saying couldn't be true and they said that they hadn't meant it like that and it had been taken the wrong way by me... so then the issue was dropped.
    ... and now they've come up with something else again, and of course everyone believes it. i don't really want to get into "specifics" though tbh... it hurts.
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    ... and now they've come up with something else again, and of course everyone believes it. i don't really want to get into "specifics" though tbh... it hurts.
    Keep banging about it to the people who are meant to deal with these things until they actually do deal with it! This is the only way, it seems, to deal with these issues in my experience.
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    :( what would you do if someone in a superiour position than you, kept lying about you; kept saying horrible things about you; and everyone believed them?
    and when you proove its a lie. they pretend like they never really said it like that... and then they go on to say another hurtful lie about you?!

I would make threats to them and if they pissed me off some more get in there face and if they tried to fight I would beat the shit out of them-- im talking about personal experience here.