Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fashion forum

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Is there any chance it could be renamed Fashion, Hair and Beauty? Many people associate fashion with clothes and I believe hair and beauty fits into that category more than any other and it will stop any hair and beauty threads being posted under one of the other categories.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It could just as easily be named - Fashion "Victims", or "I thought you were individuals"

:D
    I remember when I campaigned for the fashion forum in the first place I asked for it to be called 'Fashion & Beauty' or something like that. I still think it would be a good idea :D
    Yeah I reckon that'd make more sense..and covers a broader range of stuff.

:thumb:
    how about "fashion & things"
    MrG wrote:
    how about "fashion & things"

i mean whats better than been able to start, and get away with, creating a fashion based political row, the likes of which bitching hasnt been seen even in p&d :P
    Hmmm...I don't think I agree with it becoming 'Hair and beauty' merely because it has a really feminine edge to it and as it is it's more general...that's just my persepective of course -but beauty to me sort of narrows it down to cosmetics and beauty products (moisturisers etc) - maybe, "Fashion, hair and beauty'....but I still think that's too womanly and it's gravy as it is - just my 2 pence :)

Malt x
    Who suggested ditching the fasion?
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Who suggested ditching the fasion?

Sorry, re-read the post and she did suggest Fashion, hair and beauty, but I still thinks there's something too feminine about it, maybe just me though :yes:
    I think it's going to be hard to ditch that. Perhaps Fasion & Style would work well?
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    I think it's going to be hard to ditch that. Perhaps Fasion & Style would work well?

I like that :yes:
    whats wrong with just fashion?
    lea_uk wrote:
    Is there any chance it could be renamed Fashion, Hair and Beauty? Many people associate fashion with clothes and I believe hair and beauty fits into that category more than any other and it will stop any hair and beauty threads being posted under one of the other categories.

This.
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    This.

i said whats wrong with just fashion...i read that and it doesn't make sense...having a certain type of hairstyle is conforming to a certain fashion
    Makes sense to me.
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Makes sense to me.

think about it...you want to talk about your new hair style, you look at the forums on offer...what are you gonna pick?
    What about peircings? Loads of people put that in health or anything goes, maybe it'd be better suited in fasion.
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    What about peircings? Loads of people put that in health or anything goes, maybe it'd be better suited in fasion.

there are health implications with piercings..i don't recall anyone in health saying "which peircing should i get, this or that" it's more "how long does it take for it to heal" or whatever...sorry for being pedantic but i think fashion does the job alright...
    ok, fair enough.