Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

wolvs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
can any one offer me any information about the university of wolverhampton?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i've just finished an undergraduate degree at Wolves uni (walsall campus).. i may be able to help, if your more specific about what you want to know. Alternatively this is the uni's website.. http://www.wlv.ac.uk/
    can any one offer me any information about the university of wolverhampton?
    you mean from a personal perspective?
    other than that, check out the university website if you want info. generally.
    Is there such a place? :confused:

It sounds positively delightful.
    Such a place as Wolverhampton uni? I hope so else i've just imagined the last 2 years of my life!
    satehen wrote:
    Such a place as Wolverhampton uni? I hope so else i've just imagined the last 2 years of my life!
    :lol:
    any personal experience info if u can, im gonna be at the walsall campus, wot r lectures like, social life etc

i will be moving up from london

cheers :thumb:
    wish id gone to wolverhampton rather than UCE
    I've just finished my first year at Walsall campus, what are you gonna be studying? I do Special Needs and Inclusion, my lectures are fine, the lecturers are all pretty cool and laid back. Social life is pretty non existant on walsall campus, it sucks. The union bar is the most boring place I've ever been to! In Walsall town centre there's Heat or WS1 for clubbing, they are alright I guess. But there's a bus stop right outside campus for the bus into birmingham, takes about half an hour, and the buses are every six minutes or something? And they run until 4am, so that's pretty cool. Are you gonna be living in the new halls? They're nice, the old ones are shit though, nothing works. Hmm what else...I've enjoyed my first year here anyway, I went to UCE last year and hated it, UW is much better. Oh yeah the new sports centre is great if you're into that kind of thing. Anything else you wanna know just message me!

Hannah x
    I did a BA (hons) Early Childhood Studies. The health and sports blocks are nice, but anything to do with education is stuck in the 70's. Social life really didn't extend as far as Walsall, cause i live off campus. The lectures were interesing and the lecturers were easy to get on with. Theres some good shops and cheap pubs in Walsall, but the union is shit.
    yeah i will be studying tourism at the walsall campus and will be staying in the new halls, one of the things that swayed my decision.

thats a shame bout the night life, was told on the open day that it was quite good but never mind i guess.

yeah got 2 look at the new sports facilities when went for an open day and it looked good, hopefully will encourage me 2 be a bit healthier.

do u know what happens about bring ure own tv into halls?

:D
    As far as i know you can, but you need your own T.V license!
    ok hopefully that is the case.

i am not being sent an accomadation application form until i have recieved my results, does this sound right?

im worried there will be no accomodation left!!!!
    Nothing to do with the original question but my dad went there innthe late 60's when it was a polytechnic.
    The admin people at wolvo are incredibly slow, last year I recieved conformation of my accomodation two days before I left. Don't worry, they'll get to you eventually! There's signs up everywhere here anyway saying there is lots of space left in both the new and old halls and as a first year you'll get priority anyway. Good luck!
    oh thats good as long as i will deff get a room, i dont want to turn up n there be none LOL nightmare

what subject are you studying?
    BA (hons) Special Needs and Inclusion Studies. I love love love it. Hate evil 4500 word essays, though.
    I've just finished my first year at wolves uni, and i was in the Leisure department which you will be studying with if you are doing tourism. I have to say the lecturers are fantastic, really helpful if you need them, you'll fit in straight away cuz everyone is really friendly. I do agree the campus needs updating in a major way and the union in particular is a bit shabby but at the end of the day it sells alcohol so thats really all that matters. ;) hope you enjoy it as much as i have. :thumb:
    Night life aint too bad although its better on the City Campus in Wolves itself, theres a free shuttle bus into wolves which runs til 10ish so getting there is no problem. Theres a few decent clubs and pubs in Walsall though - depends what ur into. The admin is very very slow as someone said before. Welcome to UOW :thumb: hope you enjoy it :)
    just want to say thanks for all the replies they have been very helpful, im really looking forward 2 goin 2 da uni in sept and it has helped put my mind at rest, well a bit anyways. just need 2 pass my exams now

thanks for all ure help :thumb: