Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Stopping Taking The Pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
can i just stop or do i have to finish the packet??
ive read the instructions but theres nothing on there about it...

Comments

• Options
    I'd say check with the doctor, never can be to safe with drugs,
  • Options
    Is there anything preventing you from finishing the packet? Just to finish it seeing as you have a course left? Might be worth phoning NHS direct. I should think you could stop near enough straight away but don't hold my word to it, definitely ask your doc, or a FP clinic.

Malt x
  • Options
    as far as i'm aware you can stop straight away.
    nhs direct's phone no btw is 0845 46 47. (best to make certain though!) :)
  • Options
    i wanna stop taking it beacuse the side effects are gettin too much for me to handle, physically, emotionally and mentally
  • Options
    i wanna stop taking it beacuse the side effects are gettin too much for me to handle, physically, emotionally and mentally

I would check in with your doctor first, just to be on the safe side or whatever.
  • Options
  • Options
    NHS Direct will not be able to advise you whether you should stop taking your pill. You really need to discuss this with your GP, especially as you will need to find an alternative contraceptive. If you really can't wait and you feel that you have to stop taking it now, contact your GP Out Of Hours Service - the contact details will be given to you if you ring up your normal GP surgery out of hours, normally by answerphone.

i wonder if my dire plan to break NHS direct in the north east would still work :chin:
  • Options