Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Teenage Pregnancy-----What to DO????

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    in responce to kittenk89 - my personal view would be that you would lead a far more fulfilling and succesful life if you continue getting your straight A's, and go on to 6th form, then where-ever from there.

it's really hard to pick up your education later in life, and I believe it would be far better for you to terminate this pregnancy, (even considering all the other issues) which has come at such a crucial part of your life - especially where you do not really have the means to support a child and continue education.

but of course, that's my point of view, in the end it is up to you, and your true freinds, and those who truely love you will support you in whatever decision you choose to make :yes:
    i know, :( ! it's just this feeling of having a child inside me, you know, my chid. the thought that anyone could take that almost physicaly hurts me.
    although most of you will think i'm a slag if i say this but, when i was raped i was 11 and amazingly i miscarried. i was on my own and no one ever found out as my mum was in rehab at the time. even though i was just 11, i felt like my life had ended. and to be honest it almost did with the things i got involved in, but anyway.... i just couldn't bare someone taking my baby!

Jess XxX
    The only right advice to give anybody who finds themselves unintentionally pregnant, is to do whatever they feel right doing. It might be better in your opinion for her to terminate, and other people think its better for her to continue the pregnancy. At the end of the day, we all walk away. Its Kitten who has to live with it, and pressuring someone into their decision is really dodgy, no matter how well-meaning you are.
    No one in their right mind would EVER think you were a slag for that.
    JessP wrote:
    i know, :( ! it's just this feeling of having a child inside me, you know, my chid. the thought that anyone could take that almost physicaly hurts me.

Jess XxX
    Jess, Ive got a 4 year old child. He was incredibly wanted. I know exactly what you mean about feeling protective.
    I also have had an abortion when I was just a couple of years older than you are now, and that to me was the right thing at the time and ive never regretted it.
    A wanted pregnancy and an unwanted pregnancy are completely different experiences.
    may be you could write it down and give it to your mum that way?
    thing is, if your mum loves you : she'll stand by you. its just going to make you feel guilty if you keep trying to hide it, isn't it?! and alhtough she might feel disappointed at first i'm sure she'll get over it. i think you could do with a lot of close support. i mean, i got pregnant when i was very young. i was abused. i had to have an abortion. and i didn't have anyone to talk to. - you are lucky you know, to have such a nice mum. take care of yourself... and i do think you are very brave to go through with the pregnancy. :)
    DO NOT HAVE AN ABORTION!

Do you really want to live your whole life knowing you 'terminated' your first child? Think about that.
    DO NOT HAVE AN ABORTION!

Do you really want to live your whole life knowing you 'terminated' your first child? Think about that.
    oh fuck off.
    DO NOT HAVE AN ABORTION!

ohh FFS... piss off!
    yes they would coz they do!

i think its very hard for me to give advice to her because i am in the same possition, if that makes scence? because i've made up my mind i feel that i'm right full stop. which of cause i don't really feel! its just how i come across!
    lol!
    Jess XxX
    JessP wrote:
    yes they would coz they do!
    ppl react badly to things they don't know how to deal with, thats all.
    don't let the fuckers get to you.
    oh fuck off.

I suggest you read the rules.
    I suggest you fuck off.

and we suggest you leave your personal feelings out of this and offer an objective unbiased arguement weighing up the pro's and cons of the situation so that they can make up thier own minds on a situation where, in the end, it has to be their choice- not yours.

or fuck off, your choice.
    I suggest you fuck off.

Thank you for the compliment.
    I suggest you read what I wrote
    Born Slippy, if you want a debate about abortion where you can give a one sided highly opinionated and controversial answer, i'd suggest you post a thread in the P&D forum.
    NOT here.
    you are not helping and your advice is not well-meaning.
    so i suggest you fuck off!
    and as i said earlier its not helpful to turn it into a fucking ethical debate - period! :rolleyes:
    one person at my old school sent me a picture of a kid being raped saying," you only get it if you want it", i was physicaly sick and everyone said it was because i thought everyone knew the truth and that i wanted it to happen! i don't even know how they found out! but when there are people in the world like that then how can they not get me down??

this baby is going to be my life and i can live around her/him! i don't need anyone one else if they treat me like that!

Jess XxX
    DO NOT HAVE AN ABORTION!

Engage your brain.

I'm 18, if pregnant I would terminate my child...yes yes I could live my whole life knowing it and would not allow it to destroy me because it was my choice and right to make decisions considering my own body AND my OWN child. I could never bring a child into the world that I was not ready for, that I would dissapoint because I raised them knowing I had to stop my education, stop bettering myself in ways I want to, to have and raise that child. I would rather raise a child in a secure, safe environment where I could devote every ounce of me to it, where I've reached a place in my life where I can financially raise it, emotionally cope with it and physically love it to my whole capacity.

Shove your close minded comments as far up your ass as you can possibly can because their not welcomed here. Opinions yes. Attempting to guilt trip someone by causing them distress with pathetic comments like your own are disgusting. Jess at least had an opinion on abortion, which she later drew out and it was interesting to take on board her perspective, and that of others who have children, had abortions etc...

Fuck off.
    Replicant, kittenk89, back on topic:

I know many young women who have had an abortion and they all regret it. Many are so traumatised by the process they never recover. These boards are for offering advice, kittenk89 asked for it and I offered it.

PS malteser monkay, your a fuckin ugly cunt.
    JessP wrote:
    one person at my old school sent me a picture of a kid being raped saying," you only get it if you want it"

fuck what other ppl think. you know thats not true don't you?!
    Shove your close minded comments as far up your ass as you can possibly can because their not welcomed here. Opinions yes. Attempting to guilt trip someone by causing them distress with pathetic comments like your own are disgusting. Jess at least had an opinion on abortion, which she later drew out and it was interesting to take on board her perspective, and that of others who have children, had abortions etc...

Fuck off.[/QUOTE]

i think you are a fantastic person! :)

I know many young women who have had an abortion and they all regret it. Many are so traumatised by the process they never recover. These boards are for offering advice, kittenk89 asked for it and I offered it.

you did NOT offer advice!
    JessP wrote:
    i think you are a fantastic person! :)

:yippe: :thumb: :D

Legend :D

that wasn't advice, that was telling her what to do! i know i was very strongly suggesting but i have listened and admitted that lots of what i said was actually wrong! i think you should read all of this disscusion begining to end and see what a twat you sound like!
    Jess XxX

I know people who have had abortions too. I know two who regret it, and about 7 who dont regret it at all.
    Meh, it came at no surprise, I don't think Born Slippy has ever actually said anything useful to anyone needing help.

Jess, don't close your heart just because some idiot with the brain capacity of an amoeba sent you harrassing messages. If you don't mind me asking, did you ever get any help after the rape? I couldn't tell my mum for 3 years that I was assaulted, I can understand how hard it can be to talk. There are links to organisations which can support you.
    otter wrote:
    fuck what other ppl think. you know thats not true don't you?!

i've been told it to many times! it was my mums bf and it went on for a year. he would come in do what he did and then leave! if it wasn't my falt then why didn't anyone stop it?

Jess XxX
    go_away wrote:
    Meh, it came at no surprise, I don't think Born Slippy has ever actually said anything useful to anyone needing help.

Jess, don't close your heart just because some idiot with the brain capacity of an amoeba sent you harrassing messages. If you don't mind me asking, did you ever get any help after the rape? I couldn't tell my mum for 3 years that I was assaulted, I can understand how hard it can be to talk. There are links to organisations which can support you.

well i told the police and then my family woudn't let me go through with it! and i don't see what help reading about it could do! i know what it is so i don't need to, not that i'm being rude about your advice :blush:

Jess XxX
    why wouldnt your family let you go through with it?