Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Phlegm

Not sure if I've spelt it right, but anyway:
Is it true that you can get stomach ache if you swallow too much of this? I've been told that this might be what's causing me to have really bad guts, but haven't seen a doctor yet.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Doubt it.

How much phlegm do you bring up??
    Kentish wrote:
    Doubt it.

How much phlegm do you bring up??

Lately, alot. I've till gt abit of really bad cold...
    Ugh i hate the stuff, especially when you can't quite cough it up, in the end it makes me heave and bring up all sorts :/ yerruck
    beans wrote:
    Ugh i hate the stuff, especially when you can't quite cough it up, in the end it makes me heave and bring up all sorts :/ yerruck

I find that as well and seem to have it constantly...
    I find that as well and seem to have it constantly...

Do you smoke?

Cause my mum used to get it all the time and she smoked/smokes quite a bit.
    Lately, alot. I've till gt abit of really bad cold...

You have glands in your stomach which if up can cause pain. If I have a bad cold, I certainly have stomach aches as a symptom.
    beans wrote:

Phlegm makes me sick, i can't manage to cough it up like everyone else cause the thought of it being in my mouth makes me heave. I either swallow it or sick it up. Nice eh?
    beans wrote:
    Do you smoke?

Cause my mum used to get it all the time and she smoked/smokes quite a bit.

No, but I do seem to around quite alot of people who smoke.
    I end up feeling sick if I swallow too much of it. I've been sick once as well.
    You have acid in your stomach that is designed to break up food etc. I doubt phlegm will make much of a difference.

Get yourself investigated if the stomach aches are casuing you concern. :)
    I get it as well, and its so hard to cough it up. It's like its stuck there. I dont smoke or anything, but its been like this for a few months now. I thought it would pass, but it hasn't. It feels so uncomfortable.
    chan-chan wrote:
    I get it as well, and its so hard to cough it up. It's like its stuck there. I dont smoke or anything, but its been like this for a few months now. I thought it would pass, but it hasn't. It feels so uncomfortable.

I thought it would pass as well, but it obviously hasn't.
    What have u tried to sort it out? I have tried coughing it up, but I dont always get the whole thing out. I drink water, but it won't go down. Only sometimes when I speak for a long time, I feel it rise and then I can cough it out, but that only happens sometimes.
    I've tried drinking alot of water and coughing it up, but enither does anything for me.