Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sleep (lack of)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have AS exams, im not nervous, im not afraid, i just cant sleep i should be calm and tired but im :eek: :nervous: :shocking: :nervous:

Can anyone give some advice....how do you get to sleep???

Help!!! :( :impissed:

Sleepless in South London

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    get some excersize :yes:

go for a swim or something, not neccissarily for very long, but it'll help you focus and get a decent nights sleep.

nytol herbal also worked for me (for a while)
    nytol and other sleep herbal pills gave me a hangover in the morning - also made me throw up the morning after i took some most recently, not good as was morning of my drama AS practical!

try and set yourself like a regular sleeping pattern, by in bed by 11, get up by 8 every day kinda thing
    do something that completly exhausts you physically before bed.
    worrying about your exams is probably keeping you too alert with adrenaline... only way to get rid of it is to exercise... and you'll have a clearer mind then to study then next day. :)
    When I was doing exams (years ago now) I used to go running for about an hour a day, it really sharpens your mind and helps you sleep. If only I had actually revised too I might have done well.
    When i have trouble sleeping i either read a book till i cant keep my eyes open or if im not in a reading mood i put on a nice chilled ambient cd with a couple of tea lights lit,safely of course! i find this works for me,hope it works for you to.
    Good luck. :)
    thank you, i think im gonna try all the suggested ideas :yes:

and start running again :angel:

thanks all :)

xxx