Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Friction

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When me and my girlfriend started going out things were great and we had a lot of similar interests and even ones we didn't have we shared an interest in, like she's into horses and I've been quite proactive in getting into it, helping her out with her work at the stables and going down to her horse and just giving a hand where I can. I think it's been quite rewarding. Anyway - that's not exactly my point.

I have certain geekish intrests - for example, PCs and Star Wars. Now, she didn't used to mind at all, we even used to sit cuddling on a chair talking to people on MSN. But these days she just seems incessently annoyed, I mean, if I'm on the PC whilst on the phone to her she'll get annoyed, so I get off the PC. If I so much as talk about star wars she'll get annoyed, even though I don't mind her talking about LOTR. Obviously in recent weeks this has become more significant, but you know :p.

The other day I was watching episode I when she came round and there was about 15 minutes left but I had to turn it off (and miss the ending) because she got so annoyed by it. I don't know how to describe it, I have habits too that she's annoyed by - for example I explain everything :p, another example is that I tend to talk about myself quite a lot.

It's gotten to the point now that sometimes I dread seeing her because she'll be in a mood about something so she can have a go at me. I know relationships aren't a walk in the park but it used to be easy and fun, we just used to see each other and enjoy each other's company, now I feel like I just annoy her constantly. But she didn't used to mind, I don't think.

It's made even worse when I've got friends who I talk to who I realise at the moment I get on better with them than I do my girlfriend, I can talk to them about anything and we're always just happy, they never get annoyed by me unless I do something stupidly annoying.

I'm probably being hard on her; we've both got exams on at the moment you see, I've got AS modules and she's got her GCSEs. I just wish I could do things with her like play computer games, or talk about Jedis :p that I could do with my friends. She never really enjoyed it but she wouldn't mind because we were learning each other's interests. Humbug.

Any comments are appreciated :) (just starting to think I've pretty much described married life up there)

Comments

• Options
    It's probably the exam stress, or maybe she doesn't like being geeky.
  • Options
    Sounds like exam stress to me and shes taking it out on you.