Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Drum n bass

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm meant to be getting an MP3 CD full of D'n'B sometime in the next few days, this shoudl be fun..
  • Options
    I like my drum n' bass deep, dark, and atmospheric.
  • Options
    Barzano wrote:
    I like my drum n' bass deep, dark, and atmospheric.

Atmospheric DnB is the only DnB I listen to, it's the best stuff :thumb: . Check out this mix.

Nookie ft. MC System - Atmosphere Prologue 26/03/05 - Pure class :thumb:

http://bassdriv.blazinweb.com/mixes/Strictly_Digital-Nookie/SD_Nookie_ft_MC_System-CD_Mix_VOX1.mp3

Digitally Imported have a DnB channel now :D. www.di.fm
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Atmospheric DnB is the only DnB I listen to, it's the best stuff :thumb:

No no no no no.
    Need something with more energy, some jungle. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    No no no no no.
    Need something with more energy, some jungle. :D

I used to like Jungle, still listen to it sometimes but the Atmos stuff is nice to listen to and chill to. Good for those post weekend early mornings when your just monged out on your mates sofa :thumb:.
  • Options
    A friend of mine lent me his Fabric Live 19 Cd, which I quite like. What are the other Fabric CDs like, please?
  • Options
    there's this wicked d'n'b rave/squat in deptford which i think is on most weekends that we go to sometimes - killer tunes and amazing laser shows
  • Options
    a lot of the other fabric CDs are breakbeat, hip hop or house compliations...the other Fabric d n b CD I know of is by J Majik...I couldnt tell u if it is good but he was a killer DJ when I saw him play at Fabric...I think you may be able to listen to it at www.chemical-records.co.uk then go to the search engine
  • Options
    A friend of mine lent me his Fabric Live 19 Cd, which I quite like. What are the other Fabric CDs like, please?
    Fabric 19 is the breakbeat one by the freestylers yeah? If you liked that then I am sure you would like a fabric compliation by the Plump DJs (which they are bound to have as the Plump DJs are like the gods of breakz)
  • Options
    The John Peel one is excellent.
  • Options
    Jim_b wrote:
    Fabric 19 is the breakbeat one by the freestylers yeah? If you liked that then I am sure you would like a fabric compliation by the Plump DJs (which they are bound to have as the Plump DJs are like the gods of breakz)

Yeah, that's the one.
  • Options
    If you like dirty breaks, check out the Radioactive Man one.
  • Options
    John Digweed has one as well...I remember his 5 1/2 hour set....was so bloody trippy :eek:
  • Options
    Dj Hype is the single greatest dj/producer/scratcher on the face of the planet . His skills are second to none ! Been mixing four years and am still no where near his leve;l.Anyone can name the djs you just did try and get something from a shop other than HMV. Hypes choons include peace love and unity, disappear, once again, pink panther (perhaps one of the biggest jump up choons of all time) but you dont like him.Well fair play to ya . Dont mean to be negative like but look before you leap , learn your history and come back when you know!! peace :)
  • Options
    no they are not
  • Options
    yes yes hype the man check darren jay and kenny ken too!!!! peace :)
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    i like classic songs which are turned into drum n bass remixes
    i like Ready or not another hype classic jim! if youre lookin
  • Options
    Be sure to check out Layo & Bush Bushwacka! - Love Story (DnB Remix) and also Missy Elliot - One Minute Man (Another Missy DnB Remix)

I have both on 12" and I'm still playing them, love 'em. Her's acouple of clips.

Love Story

One Minute Man Remix
  • Options
    Also chekc out www.breaksblog.biz
  • Options
    well I guess I am kinda biased cos I have seen Hype at Fabric and the End so many times, so it could just be boredom.... but, I still dont think Hype can beat any Dillinja basslines tho man...cos for me, the basslines are the best part about D n B...the mids and the treble just kinda complement the rest of the music