Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bleaching my Levi's/Shrink to fit

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi there. How do I go about making my 501s look like they're from the 1970s or at least like they're from Nick Valensi's wardrobe. Would sticking half a bottle of value bleach in a bucket with said garmet take some of that "teacher on school trip" colour out of them.

Any idea how much would a pair of Levi shrink to fits would cost me? Just can't seem to get a pair of ordinary jeans tight enough. Was going to sit in the bath with them on like Quadrophenia.

On a final note, are Levi's 530s women's jeans, just don't want to go into a Levi's store and ask for a pair and end up with the "you do know..." routine - again!

ta very much,
Ben

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I got a pair of regular ralf dryselvage nudies (www.nudiejeans.com) that you are supposed to wear for ages before washing, at first they look a bit wierd. After about six months or so of frequently wearing them, Im supposed to wash them and they'll look damn good.(this is all according to them) They should be fitting and well worn to how they should for me.

The pictures on the site show promising results.
    GINGA wrote:
    I got a pair of regular ralf dryselvage nudies (www.nudiejeans.com) that you are supposed to wear for ages before washing, at first they look a bit wierd. After about six months or so of frequently wearing them, Im supposed to wash them and they'll look damn good.(this is all according to them) They should be fitting and well worn to how they should for me.

The pictures on the site show promising results.

have i got the wrong end of the stick, or are you going to wear the same jeans for 6 months without washing them?
    Blah wrote:
    have i got the wrong end of the stick, or are you going to wear the same jeans for 6 months without washing them?

I couldn't do it, i'd be paranoid i stank! And knowing me i would have spilt multitudes of drink/food on them.
    Cheers Ginga, they look awesome, especially the super slim kim. How much did you pay for them? Would hate to think what a pair would smell like after 6 months of not washing!