Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

New Labours Dirty Tricks

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Rich Kid wrote:
    For the man who "wanted to re-connect with the British public", he did a great job of staying away from them. Did he actually meet a real member of the public, I doubt it. He was placed inside a "bubble" that ensured that no-one apart from party hacks could get near him.

Even Nick Robinson, Political Editor of ITV News wasn't allowed to ask a question, and even that Labour toady Andrew Marr got upset.

And what did it gain them? In real terms next to nothing in the points from the start to the finish, these tactics make more people stay at home and thats exactly what Labour dont want.

Its unpleasant, and cynical certainly and undefendable, just like lying about MRSI figures or crime. All the parties need to clean up their act otherwise politics in the UK is heading towards lower and lower turn out.

And why do you keep saying Andrew Marr is linked with Labour?
    bongbudda wrote:
    Its unpleasant, and cynical certainly and undefendable, just like lying about MRSI figures or crime. All the parties need to clean up their act otherwise politics in the UK is heading towards lower and lower turn out.
    I totally agree with you bonga. I'd be as critical if last nights prog had been about the Tories or even Lib-Dems.
    He is. He mixes socially with the Blair gang, its probably one reason he's leaving.
    Rich Kid wrote:
    I totally agree with you bonga. I'd be as critical if last nights prog had been about the Tories or even Lib-Dems.

He is. He mixes socially with the Blair gang, its probably one reason he's leaving.

He's the BBC's chief political correspondent, its his job! If it was a Conservative Government he would be doing the same.
    damn... as if the coservatives are holier than thou or rather the other parties. face it. the conservatives are sore losers.
    damn... as if the coservatives are holier than thou or rather the other parties. face it. the conservatives are sore losers.
    No one is saying that, please don't try to detract peoples attention away from the main thrust of this topic - Labours fakery.
    Rich Kid wrote:
    No one is saying that, please don't try to detract peoples attention away from the main thrust of this topic - Labours fakery.
    labour is in governemnt. obviously people would wanna discredit them. the same would happen if the conservatives were in power. its sorta like jealousy and that. youre an easier target when youre on top.
    Rich Kid wrote:

Yes, but people knew this before the election, many many people thought Tony lied about Iraq and other things, so why did they vote for him?
    bongbudda wrote:
    Yes, but people knew this before the election, many many people thought Tony lied about Iraq and other things, so why did they vote for him?
    Because as Labour's spin doctors know, "you can fool a lot of people for a lot of the time". But thankfully time is running out.
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Because as Labour's spin doctors know, "you can fool a lot of people for a lot of the time". But thankfully time is running out.

So you think that we've all just been 'fooled' by Labour? You dont give the British people much credit do you.
    They have been fooled, as they will find out.
    Rich Kid wrote:

whimsical rhetoric. wishful thinking my boy. gordon browns next in line and hes an economist. good economy is good.

besides are you saying that the tories dont have no spin doctors?
    Rich Kid wrote:

So either you think the average voter is thick, or Labour are the best spin doctors the world has ever seen, which is it?
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Prove it.

Do you want a copy of the letter sent in Howard's name to votes, or will you take a quote from him where he admitted the exagerrations?
    Rich Kid wrote:
    who's they?
    when will they find out?
    who's they?
    when will they find out?
    The people who voted for more of Blair & his gang.
    They'll find out their mistake when Gordon starts hitting them with more tax hikes and the economy starts to falter.
    Rich Kid wrote:
    They'll find out their mistake when Gordon starts hitting them with more tax hikes and the economy starts to falter.
    i want a high tax economy.
    Rich Kid wrote:

Oh well, at least its not the Tories.
    If one of the other main parties did a fly on the wall job and let an independent jorno follow them they could have made a ton of mileage on this. The two oppo party leaders aleast met the public on walk about, the media bubble New Labour puts itself in and propoganda they think is acceptable is depressing.
    High Tax and economy are oxymorons.
    Why is it that the more I see of New Labour the more I think of Orwell's 1984?
    New Labour can't hold an Orwellian candle to the Bush administration with its Patriot Act, Dept of Homeland Intrusion, and lately Real ID Act. Blair is a minor echo at best of the example set for him by his Neocon taskmasters.
    bongbudda wrote:

Andrew Marr is linked to labour for many reasons, firstly he was a blairite columnist for the observer and the scotsman. Also, some people have accused him for, maybe not knowingly, having a labour slant as a BBC political editor.

He knows Mr Blair well and he was on the published guest list for the prime minister's dinners at chequers in the last parliament.

I was particularly concerned at the dirty tricks documentary, because it depicted a staged protest against the liberal democrats in my own constituency of Harrogate. I have to say it had no effect on the Harrogate elections however, because the Liberal Democrat MP, Phill Willis won for the third time, increasing his majority by over 2000 votes. Labour came a miserable 3rd. This shows that dirty tricks don't always pay off.
    Keep up to date. He's written for the Daily Telegraph for several years.

He might personally be a Labour voter, but its hard to detect bias.
    NQA wrote:
    Keep up to date. He's written for the Daily Telegraph for several years.

He might personally be a Labour voter, but its hard to detect bias.

He's also written for the Daily Express, The Economist and worked for Channel 4, but that's beside the point.

I don't personally think that he is biased, as I said, 'some people think that'. The Daily Mail have run many articles about the left wing bias of the BBC in general, and Andrew Marr; but they are biased towards the right themselves.

I was not making accusations, just showing people how he is often portrayed as close to Labour.