Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Edexcel Question

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
When you do your GCSEs, you have some sort of candidate number. Why with Edexcel, is there two? There seems to be the one that goes on the coursework and another one that goes onto any exams done.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Er...I am on, and was on for GCSE, edexcel for some subjects, and I had the same candidate number.
    I do mine with SQA and we get only one, and that's for coursework too.
    We had the same candidate number for ALL exam papers from ALL exam boards, and a site number which represented the school.

Edexcel suck, btw.
    Kath2003 wrote:
    We had the same candidate number for ALL exam papers from ALL exam boards, and a site number which represented the school.

Edexcel suck, btw.

I know Edexcel suck. The on good thing about tem is that, I don't have to do the exam in May/June, if I do it in January.
    I know Edexcel suck. The on good thing about tem is that, I don't have to do the exam in May/June, if I do it in January.

Isn't that the same with all boards.

And most of the exam boards are pretty similar tbh, except I don't like OCR because they don't give me nice answer booklets where I can write the answer, just a sheet of paper where I write the question number and do it all myself. I missed a frigging question off the other day because of that!

And you should only have one candidate number, I don't know why you'd have more than one. I had the same number for every board at my school. Still have the same one!
    Well im on Edexcel and so far we all have our own candidate number which stays the same all the time. Then theres the center number which is used to identify the school i think.
    i think my maths exam is with edexcel and we only have 1 candidate number and a centre number
    You've got your candidate number, your centre number and sometimes a booklet reference number - so your exam question booklet has a reference number which you have to write onto your writing booklet...otherwise that's it I believed!