Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sleeping with number 2

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do many of you find it weird sleeping with the second person in your life? after your 1st you think it'd be easier but im just curious as to what you guys thought or felt, was it as nerve racking as the first?

does it get easier over time with more people?

I've only slept with one person :angel: and we've broken up but im just thinking if i'd feel nervous doing it with someone else.

thoughts please.....

Comments

• Options
    aimz wrote:
    I've only slept with one person :angel:

I'm the same, and should me and the ever break up (hope not :nervous: ) I would imagine it would be very strange to have sex with someone else :yes:

but then, for people who have had lots of sex outside of relationships, or who have had lots of short relationships, I dont think it'd really be strange at all...
  • Options
    Think its kinda normal to feel nervous about sleeping with someone new.

But then it depends if there is pressure, or whether it is no strings attached, then there is no pressure lol
  • Options
    I was all fine with sleeping with the seccond person thing.. But my partner said she was a bit uneasy at first, but she wanted to do it. Now we are at it like rabbits :hyper:
  • Options
    My boyfriend was/is number 2, i was less nervous about 'doing it' with him because it was something that i really wanted to do, and i knew what to expect. Annnd the sex with him has always been 100x better than with my ex boyfriend, even though it's not like i had much more of a clue :p
  • Options
    I didnt find it weird was just more concious that the other person would have expectations of me sexually because they knew i wasnt a virgin.Stupid really.
    However recently i got into a relationship with a guy who had only slept with one person and to begin with i felt i probably wouldnt perfrom to what he was used to with his ex.But i got over this pretty quickly when i realised that experience can offer up alot to sex :D
    In general though i think its always a scary thing being intimate with another person regardless of whether there the 2nd or 22nd!! Unless your 100% conifident of your body and the way you perfrom there are always going to be naggling worries about getting into bed with a partner for the first time.But id rest assured that they definatly have the same anxieties and worries.The only way to get over this is respect each others bodies and get used to being naked with them...which is never a bad thing :D
  • Options
    aimz wrote:
    Do many of you find it weird sleeping with the second person in your life? after your 1st you think it'd be easier but im just curious as to what you guys thought or felt, was it as nerve racking as the first?

I've only slept with one person :angel: and we've broken up but im just thinking if i'd feel nervous doing it with someone else.

thoughts please.....

My second sexual partner was a let down. He had a huge penis and although i was used to sex, it was just painful and awkward. I'm now on my third and from the moment we started it felt so natural. :heart:
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    My second sexual partner was a let down. He had a huge penis and although i was used to sex, it was just painful and awkward. I'm now on my third and from the moment we started it felt so natural. :heart:
    Ah ok so there is hope! my ex was big and it was always uncomfortable from the start... maybe it'll be easier.. thanks
  • Options
    I was a bit nervous the first time I slept with my second guy. Mainly because it was the first and only time I'd ever been on top, and I didn't have a clue what I was doing. Then again neither was he, so it ended up being quite amusing, and I lost all nervousness. He was also really skinny and shorter than me, so I thought I might squash him :blush:.
  • Options
    I think it doesn't get easier sleeping with someone new because you still ask yourself am I doing it right?will he think I'm weird? etc. But because I've had a few more sexual partners before my boyfriend I was more comfortable making the first move and also it was nice to know what I was doing.
  • Options
    my number 2 wasn't too bad, i wasn't nervous or anything. never really have been. my boyfriend is my number 4 and it's much better when it's with someone i know i'm going to be with a while 'cause well, i trust him and we have sex more than i did with any of the other 3 'cause they were just flings really. first time sex with someone new is always going to be a bit awkward though and of course it gets better.
  • Options
    aimz wrote:
    totally depends on the person... and how comfortable you are to go that far with them?!
  • Options
    You will always be nervous sleeping with the new guy for the first time no matter how many sleeping partners you have had in the past. It's perfectly normal to feel like that but you will get through it. Just like when you first got nervous with the guy you chose to lose your virginity to.
  • Options
    aimz wrote:
    Do many of you find it weird sleeping with the second person in your life? after your 1st you think it'd be easier but im just curious as to what you guys thought or felt, was it as nerve racking as the first? does it get easier over time with more people?
    I've slept with two women. It's kinda confusing. I lost my virginity to a person who back then wasn't my girlfriend. Later, I was staying in London and had sex with someone whilst having drunk far too much that evening. :blush: Now I'm in a relationship and having sex with the person I lost my virginity to. Hmm...

Anyway, I think sex with anyone new is always going to be awkward. To those who say it isn't, either they don't attach any emotional value to sex or they're putting on a front. If I broke up with her, and wanted to have sex with someone else, I'd be very nervous about it.
  • Options
    Ive slept with two guys.. the decision to sleep with the second one was easier to make, i think. I'm way more comfortable with him, than i was my first boyfriend.